Super Mario Galaxy

ai_Droid

Eurogamer said..

Super Mario Galaxy is an embarrassment. It's an embarrassment for platform games. It's an embarrassment for adventure games. It's an embarrassment for Nintendo and an embarrassment for the Wii. What have we all been playing at in the ten years since Super Mario 64 came out? This is what gaming ought to be like.

It's the best thing on Wii, and the best traditional game Nintendo has made in a decade. The only thing about it which dulls your enjoyment is the memory of all the mediocre games you've had to play in the meantime.

Hubba hubba!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest I also really enjoy Sunshine as well so I found it wasn't as big a wait since 64.

Mario games are hard to beat in terms of quality, much in the same vein Zelda games are hard to beat. I think that's why you don't see another for a good long time, they have to ensure it's up to the expectation of the fans.

Mario is too big a franchise to nintendo for it to be a flop.

I'm going to get R&C:FTD for the PS3 but it's more of an adventure game than straight up platformer.

I played Crash of the Titans recently, that game is so bland and boring is doesn't even try anything new, play as giant animals instead of a small animal is not new gameplay!

Hopefully Banjo-kazooie 3 will be good next year.........hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...
So is anywhere selling this early? looks over at Gamesmaster........come on!

Nope

The game has enjoyed an extremely positive reception from gamers everywhere. GamePro stated that the title "raises the bar in terms of what can be achieved on the Wii," and gamesTM, who awarded Galaxy a 9, claimed that it is "level for level, more fun to play than Mario 64." IGN called Super Mario Galaxy "Wii's best game, and an absolute must-own experience," as well as "one of the greatest platformers I have ever played." GameSpot praised its gameplay and level design stating that "If ever there were a must-own Wii game, Super Mario Galaxy is it." UK based programme Gamer TV gave the game 5/5 stating that the slightly easy nature "only enhances the game."

Among the minor flaws noted in the reviews, GameSpot found "A couple of Mario's special suits can be frustrating to use" whereas IGN referred to one story-related aspect of the game as "An unnecessary side-tale [that] contrasts with a traditional story."

On both Metacritic[44] and GameRankings[45], Galaxy currently averages a 97 out of 100.

According to Media Create, Super Mario Galaxy sold 250,585 copies in Japan for the week ending November 4, 2007, after 3 days on sale.[46]

Still waiting for you to come in and buy the 360 HD DVD Player ;) Those horrible scumbags at Microsoft are giving away 5 free hd dvd's with it until end of Jan , some decent ones as well

http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/04D35729-...DVDOffer_EN.pdf

Hmm, amazon have closed it for pre orders, too much demand.

Went into game at lunch and didn't even see a sign for mario, bit odd.

Anyone know if gamesmaster is doing a deal?

Play are sold out, Amazon are sold out, yet in the high street, theres no posters no midnight openings nothing in stores to suggest the best game ever has just been released. I've not even had Gamesmaster jump on a request for a price.

Game still has Halo3 shit all over its window.

Is it shit marketing by nintendo, or the shops? They must realise that they've sold more wii's than any other console, so their market is surely bigger?

How many times do I have to say this GAME in Douglas is really, really shit! Having been across to the main land and visited many GAME stores it's a whole different ball game.

I when in there looking for Tomb Raider Anniversary for the X360 on release day a few weeks back, I ask the bloke if it was in, he said "I don't so......no" I stood there for a minute looking in the glass case.......oh look there it was!!! I felt like shouting "SHES BEHIDE YOU!"

We're luck if GAME get games on release day too, you know since we are on the IOM........funny how HMV have no problems what so ever.

GAME hasn't always been shit btw just over the last year, the staff changes more than the weather then again I wouldn't want to work there either so I can't blame staff leaving after a few months.

I despair at you lot , thanks for the support once again , guess what I have plenty of Mario Galaxy in stock

And btw its absolutely amazing.

Its about time you lot instead of giving me a hard time all the time , actually gave us a chance

Make sure next week when GHIII or Mass Effect are out you all go to Game or HMV first.

I dont suppose none of you know that we will even deliver anywhere on the island , same day free of charge

http://www.gamesmaster.co.im/index.php?opt...7&Itemid=70

I despair at you lot , thanks for the support once again , guess what I have plenty of Mario Galaxy in stock

Er, I asked here yesterday, I asked again today, I looked on your website, nowt. Clicked on coming soon for wii, nowt too. So I did try to give you a chance!

It rules. Problem is fighting for the wiimote! Ace for the kids as one can have a turn on mario and the other with the yellow star doing other stuff, perfect.

Its about time you lot instead of giving me a hard time all the time , actually gave us a chance

Make sure next week when GHIII or Mass Effect are out you all go to Game or HMV first.

I dont suppose none of you know that we will even deliver anywhere on the island , same day free of charge

It's 34.99 in Game and 32.99 in woolies, so you're a fair bit over the odds, particularly as I get points with the game buy. I've no love for game in particular, they're bloody slow and I only got 14 quid for bioshock trade in, but it's near to where I work so I get it quick.

Why no love for mario pre launch? Surely there's more punters out there with wii's than 360's?

Er, I asked here yesterday, I asked again today, I looked on your website, nowt. Clicked on coming soon for wii, nowt too. So I did try to give you a chance!

It rules. Problem is fighting for the wiimote! Ace for the kids as one can have a turn on mario and the other with the yellow star doing other stuff, perfect.

The page you are trying to access does not exist.

Please select a page from the main menu.

I searched again and found it, but it deffo wasn't up there yesterday? Also it's 34.99 in Game and 32.99 in woolies, so you're a fair bit over the odds, particularly as I get points with the game buy.

Why no love for mario pre launch? Surely there's more punters out there with wii's than 360's?

We have 2 employees in a shop turning over quite a large amount plus guess what I have deliveries to do , so website maintenance is not the most important thing to me especially as even when I do exceptional deals like £36.99 for Halo 3 nobody bothers.

Tell you what if you want to quibble over a few pounds , you get your game from Game , Play , Amazon wherever.If your lucky it might be here next week.

Also your precious points from Game , guess what , you have to spend £1000 to get £2.50 off.Is that really such a big deal for you.

Read the comments from some of the many already satisfied customers we have had.

1. Able to try out a Wii in store...

Amy M, Unregistered

I bought a Wii from Mark and Lori in Gamesmaster yesterday and the wonderful thing about their store is that I was able to try out the Wii...which I was rather sceptical of until I tried it!!! What a wonderful , wonderful touch to have in the store! No looking at games and wondering what they might be like; Mark and Lori are there to advise and they really KNOW their stuff! Sceptical mums and dads who are worried about spending money on something they have not tried out, Try Gamesmaster! Your kids can also hire time on the 4 pc's they have; playing games by themselves; via the internet or if there are a few of you, amongst the gang in the shop! How good is that!! Cool stuff for youngsters! and great for Ramsey!

2. Best trade-in prices on the island for 360 games

Brian K, Unregistered

Very friendly customer service. I'll be shopping there again

3.Really efficient and friendly service

Heather K, Unregistered

They found two games for my son and delivered with no qualms and right on time! A better alternative to the larger gaming supplier here. I will use them again and again. Cheers

Finally , we are a small island based business , with not very significant buying power certainly when compared to Game which is the biggest games retailer in Europe.We cannot compete with them on price all the time , we would go bust.You just don't realise how little the margins are.

I look forward to getting your pre-order for Mass Effect as we are doing that for £39.99 which is the same price as Play and Amazon.

We have 2 employees in a shop turning over quite a large amount plus guess what I have deliveries to do , so website maintenance is not the most important thing to me especially as even when I do exceptional deals like £36.99 for Halo 3 nobody bothers.

Tell you what if you want to quibble over a few pounds , you get your game from Game , Play , Amazon wherever.If your lucky it might be here next week.

Also your precious points from Game , guess what , you have to spend £1000 to get £2.50 off.Is that really such a big deal for you.

Heh, I don't know why I'm defending myself here...

I bought it from game, I got it today, the shops on my way home. I didn't wait till next week. It cost me 34 quid. Your maths are wrong too, it's £100 worth of points for £2.50, so that's around £33 quid from game basically.

Read the comments from some of the many already satisfied customers we have had.

Great, you're doing a good job! I'm not in ramsey, I couldn't find you doing a mario promotion like you did on other games, and I asked on here to see if anyone or you would respond, I'm not going to beat a path to your door or anything though.

Finally , we are a small island based business , with not very significant buying power certainly when compared to Game which is the biggest games retailer in Europe.We cannot compete with them on price all the time , we would go bust.You just don't realise how little the margins are.

I look forward to getting your pre-order for Mass Effect as we are doing that for £39.99 which is the same price as Play and Amazon.

I sympathise, I really do, It's a complete shit to have to compete with the big guys. I don't think you can on box shifting personally, it's why there's simply no independent dvd or CD shops around either. I dont quite understand how you can survive in that space, but good luck to you anyway. Me, I'm sorry, but I'll go with convenience and the best price. It's not like you can add any other value to a game, is it, it's the same no matter where I buy it from?

Anyway, back to mario, it rules!

Archived