Super Mario Galaxy

ai_Droid

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tell you what if you want to quibble over a few pounds , you get your game from Game , Play , Amazon wherever.If your lucky it might be here next week.

Or get them from Shopto.net and you'll usually get your pre-orders the day before launch ;)

Or you could pre-order from Gamesmaster and get it on the day of release , hand delivered , guaranteed.

And btw ai_droid , posting on a forum is not a good way to get in contact with a shop.Phone perhaps or do you know you could even have emailed which is what most people do.

You are hypocritical as well , you had a go at Gamesmaster when we sold Halo 3 at a loss but for the cheapest price on the island and now that we are charging £39.99 for Mario Galaxy you have a go.So what does it take ai_droid.Free perhaps ?

And you are wrong , reward points are £2.50 for every £1000 spent.

And btw ai_droid , posting on a forum is not a good way to get in contact with a shop.Phone perhaps or do you know you could even have emailed which is what most people do.

I beg to differ. Most people would check the website. It's easier, requires no effort and is assumed to be up to date. If you have a website, but don't keep it updated, then you're just creating problems for yourself.

Go check the number of unique page impressions you get per day and compare it to the number of emails you get a day.

And you are wrong , reward points are £2.50 for every £1000 spent.

From their website:

Points on all purchases

With every purchase earn points worth 2.5% of your order value to use towards your next purchase in-store or online!

If you're having problems doing these complex sums in your head, use a calculator to work out what 2.5% of £100 is.

I beg to differ. Most people would check the website. It's easier, requires no effort and is assumed to be up to date. If you have a website, but don't keep it updated, then you're just creating problems for yourself.

Go check the number of unique page impressions you get per day and compare it to the number of emails you get a day.

Its funny you know but we do have a contact link right there on the homepage so if theres something you want you can email very easily.

He was on the site could'nt even be bothered to email via the link , he is just looking for things to throw at Gamesmaster.At the end of the day he had a go when we sold Halo 3 for the cheapest price on the island , he has a go when we are not the cheapest , what am I supposed to do.

You are just a wind up merchant tho ans , you are known for it , if you want to discuss this come and find me , I'm in the Gamesmaster shop in Ramsey.Somehow though , just like all the other warriors on here , your fine when your hid behind your keyboard.

Ask your friend Mission if that's a wise thing to ask me to do :)

The thing is, people are inherently lazy. They don't want to have to email someone, then wait for a reply. I know I don't. If you have a website, I expect it to be up to date and accurate. I don't expect to have to email you to ask if the information is correct. If I don't see it, I assume you don't have it.

Oh and at least admit you're wrong on the Game point thing eh? I've never bought a thing in their shop, don't own a card, yet I was able to find out inside 20 seconds. Know how? They have an up to date and accurate website!

Tell you what if you want to quibble over a few pounds , you get your game from Game , Play , Amazon wherever.If your lucky it might be here next week.

Or get them from Shopto.net and you'll usually get your pre-orders the day before launch ;)

Or you could pre-order from Gamesmaster and get it on the day of release , hand delivered , guaranteed.

Oh let me think hand delivered by gamemaster on the day of release or get it a few pounds cheaper the day before ? tough one that, i'll get back to you ;)

Its funny you know but we do have a contact link right there on the homepage so if theres something you want you can email very easily.

He was on the site could'nt even be bothered to email via the link , he is just looking for things to throw at Gamesmaster.At the end of the day he had a go when we sold Halo 3 for the cheapest price on the island , he has a go when we are not the cheapest , what am I supposed to do.

Sigh, I really don't get the bad attitude. I've nothing against you at all, I just want games at the best price. You just dive on me like I'm some sort of evil shop shitting bastard every time I buy a game....

I didn't have a go at you for selling halo3 cheap, I had a go at you saying you were guaranteed cheapest on the island when you weren't, I'd seen it in hmv for less. I was being helpful, and IIRC you called me a liar!

You're wrong about the Game points thing too, as ans has said, for mario, as I'd preordred, it's double points, so actually 5% off, or a fiver every 100 quid.

The thing is, people are inherently lazy. They don't want to have to email someone, then wait for a reply. I know I don't. If you have a website, I expect it to be up to date and accurate. I don't expect to have to email you to ask if the information is correct. If I don't see it, I assume you don't have it.

Particularly for the best game this year :)

You are hypocritical as well

I don't live on your island but I live sufficiently remote to have experience of the local village shops scenario and I can tell you this. Good will does go a long way. I get excellent service and of course local convenience from my local shops.

However if one of those shops was to basically whine like a little girl, stamp their feet, insult their customers and all the sort of nonsense I've seen from you if someone dared to suggest they might buy a product elsewhere, you can better believe I wouldn't chuck any business their way again.

Now you're probably not a drooling moron, so I figure that's factored in somewhere. You must be thinking, hey I can defend my business and upset this guy because he's not going to buy from me anyway.

That may be true, probably true based on your spectacular bridge-burning excersize, but the key issue is that it reflects badly upon you for all the rest of the observers. People who probably came into this thread to get excited about Super Mario Galaxy. Likely customers then.

I really think you need to rethink your attitude to customer relations or said another way, wind yer head in!

Ask your friend Mission if that's a wise thing to ask me to do :)

Like I said you know where I am

Let us know when. I've GOT to see this! :D

I have to say though Marcus, although I applaud what you are doing, your shooting yourself in the foot with some of your comments on here. This isn't the first time I've thought your marketing skills are fucking awful from some of your whining. I know it's a tough business, you have some balls to have a go. But whatever business you are in remember the customer is always right - even when most of the time you know they are wrong. Just don't tell them that, especially on a public forum with a big crowd of people watching!

I'd prefer you to move to Douglas and take on the competition, but I guess shop rents are too high here. So whats the best way to combat that? Well have a website which is up to date.

I await your response - lets see if you learn anything.

Is it me or is SMG one of the best games ever?

In other Flint related news I bought Assassins Creed and after all the bloody hype I think it sucks assassins ass............ :lol:

I'm going to trade this sucker for either Silent Hill Origins or Smackdown vs 2008, does anyone know if GAME has Silent Hill Origins in stock? (if we're fooking lucking!)

Archived