Hate To Admit It

Dames Aflame

Love to watch the X Factor for the cheese factor and certainly never expecting anything of substance to come from anyone...

But Leona Lewis doing a version of Snow Patrol's 'Run' unexpectedly had me in tears whilst driving in the car yesterday.

clicky

Please enjoy before its played to death....

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, I think that would bring tears to the eyes of anyone who loves music. <_<

Oi! I expected better from you, Lonan! The simple fact is that it is a brilliant song by Snow Patrol. And she has a beautiful voice and, I think, did the song justice and really put heart and feeling into it.

If she hadn't been on X factor and you knew nothing about her I think you would feel the same (btw --- did you listen to it all the way through?)

Now go and sit on the naughty step and think about what you did! :P

Love to watch the X Factor for the cheese factor and certainly never expecting anything of substance to come from anyone...

But Leona Lewis doing a version of Snow Patrol's 'Run' unexpectedly had me in tears whilst driving in the car yesterday.

clicky

Please enjoy before its played to death....

Amazing when she's got a good song to sing, but you know Simon Cowell will have her singing middle of the road forgettable drab shite on her album.

My goodness! People - people! I feel like I'm back in high school when you would be ostracised if you were caught wearing anything other than Esprit or Benneton. And god forbid you wore anything you bought from Walmart or Kmart (Asda).

Again ---- brilliant song by SnowPatrol. Very pretty version by a female vocalist. End of.

Yes --- by no means is she anywhere close to the second coming of Aretha Franklin and I would never think to even put her in the same ballpark.

And yes, she comes from a show that manufactures pure crap and I can't imagine ever buying her album.

But also remember that an open mind is a beautiful thing to have ---- enjoy it for what it is ---- not what it represents

But also remember that an open mind is a beautiful thing to have

Lol, you'll struggle to find an open musical mind here - you have to realise that most people who claim to love music are essentially non-musical and are buying into a fashion rather than music for music's sake. I am very interested in and appreciate all forms of music, from the shallowest pop to the most sonically sophisticated ensemble compositions. I like this performance - it's quite a good song and executed very well by a very talented singer.

Missed this thread first time round. As covers on Whiley's show go it's actually pretty good. Witness Alicia Keys appalling take on (the already appalling) How to Save a Life by the Fray. At least Leona Lewis picked a song that allowed her to show off her voice. I like it, not sure if i like it more than the original but it's up there.

Archived