Ramsey Swimming Pool

Pat Ayres

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 that I know of.

Mooragh Prom not a big enough place to park then - its hardly miles away either - just a short walk over the swing bridge.

Remind me again, why does one go to a gym in the first place?

Fair point, but still think the old Ramsey swimming pool would make a good place for a Gym, its already got the pool, showers, toilets, small reception/office space, just needs the Gym equipment in the cafe place (not sure if the cafe would be a big enough space though?), could always be a public Gym so more affordable and makes use of the existing building?

Lots of things no doubt, how about a cinema for one?

Hmm maybe but wrong location, no point in having a cinema facing the seafront, need something that'll make the best of the view, probably destined for apartments/posh flats anyway...........

Nudge Nudge Wink Wink , not that I know anything but you never know there may well be a cinema elsewhere in Ramsey sometime

Years ago the rumour was it was going to be built at the side of safeways where that scrap of land is, where beryls bus was......

Wonder whats going to happen to the old Albert road school seeing as they're building a new one?

Well it's long been mooted that the piece of land opposite Albert Road School could be developed into one.

Doesn't need to be too big, but it would be something worthwhile for the north of the island, that's for sure.

Indeed it has been talked about for too long now , its time it happened !! I mean it would hardly be up against the best 10 screen multiplex's around , in fact , imagine the uproar in Douglas if a 4 screen cinema was built

How about a really big undertakers ?

Most of the inhabitants of Ramsey look as though they're on borrowed time, so it would make more commercial sense than a cinema, ice rink or gym

I also think those suggestions in the press about ships docking at a restored Queens Pier are hilarious, have they never seen the weather out there ?

Archived