Cod4

Roger Smelly

Who is planning on buying COD4 ?

I was thinking of getting it but it would be good to have a local server running once it get's going.

This is the game to have i reckon, the game BF2 never was i reckon.

Is the Demo any good ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who is planning on buying COD4 ?

I was thinking of getting it but it would be good to have a local server running once it get's going.

This is the game to have i reckon, the game BF2 never was i reckon.

Is the Demo any good ?

Mine is ordered and ready for delivery :D , as for BF2 i think your being a bit harsh i prefer the online to the single player, it's just a shame that they have not followed it up with a new map pack or the likes to keep the online side interesting, still i go on now and again to have a quick blast to keep my 'eye' in ;) as there is always noob's for the taking :lol:

it looks fantastic, review here from IGN who give it 9.4 http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/832/832599p1.html

I'm gonna be disciplined and am not going to buy it when it's released, i've still got to crack through HL2 eps 1+2, eternal sonata hasn't been touched since buying it and PGR4 isn't getting enough of my time either...will definately be picking it up though

I'm gonna be disciplined and am not going to buy it when it's released, i've still got to crack through HL2 eps 1+2, eternal sonata hasn't been touched since buying it and PGR4 isn't getting enough of my time either...will definately be picking it up though

Sob, cod4, Mario Galaxy, Assassins Creed, Guitar Hero 3, Mass Effect.....It's too much!

Well i have gone and done it, i have one on pre order :lol:

don't know where i will get the time from as i have just got orange box today also :rolleyes:

O well i will have to just hibernate for a few weeks.

Christmas is coming so i guess i will have time then to complete a few, i have finished HL2 Part 1 so i cannot wait for part 2 :)

Your right about the games coming out i can count about 4 more that i want.

Let's all hope that it'll make up for the disappointing let down MoH:A has been.

Glad I wasn't the only one disappointed with MoH:A. Fun for a while, but way too short, and the crazy Super Nazis at the end were just lame - I thought (or had hoped) relying on silly end of level bosses to give a game a sense of anticipation or drama was a thing of the past.

Still waiting for FH2 to come out. It was meant to be this month.

Me too, starting to get impatient! Incidently, what are your thoughts on BF: Bad Company? It sounds to me more like a crappy console SOCOM style runaround than a proper BF game. Also, 24 player maximum on multiplayer is rubbish.

Let's all hope that it'll make up for the disappointing let down MoH:A has been.

Glad I wasn't the only one disappointed with MoH:A. Fun for a while, but way too short, and the crazy Super Nazis at the end were just lame - I thought (or had hoped) relying on silly end of level bosses to give a game a sense of anticipation or drama was a thing of the past.

Still waiting for FH2 to come out. It was meant to be this month.

Me too, starting to get impatient! Incidently, what are your thoughts on BF: Bad Company? It sounds to me more like a crappy console SOCOM style runaround than a proper BF game. Also, 24 player maximum on multiplayer is rubbish.

MoH:A was good for a while, but it did get a bit samey, although I did like the ability to level up your weapons...

BFBC looks pretty solid, DICE seem to have gotten the destructable environments sorted out in both single and multiplayer games, i'm looking forward to it myself.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/832/832229p1.html

Incidently, what are your thoughts on BF: Bad Company? It sounds to me more like a crappy console SOCOM style runaround than a proper BF game. Also, 24 player maximum on multiplayer is rubbish.

I have no thoughts on this mate as I only play PC games. There's a few in our clan who play on the 360 and not one has mentioned this game, which says a lot if you ask me.

Strangely our Battlefield servers and CoD:UO Seem to be having a bit of a comeback and fill up most nights now.

Which is nice.

:)

MoH:A was good for a while, but it did get a bit samey, although I did like the ability to level up your weapons...

Aye, I liked that as well, I think MoH:A'a got the right idea when it comes to upgrade trees - it makes a little bit more sense to have modified weapons than it does having loads of people running around with completely different guns as if the battlefield is adjacent to a massive Guns 'r' Us like in BF2

BFBC looks pretty solid, DICE seem to have gotten the destructable environments sorted out in both single and multiplayer games, i'm looking forward to it myself.

I liked the look of that, but destructable environments are pretty much going to become a standard feature over time, the Project Reality team even managed to implement a (basic) destructable environment using BF2's engine, and Warhounds goes further than BFBC does, with interactive environments (plants and shrubs move about when you shoot or run into them). I suppose my biggest gripe with BFBC is the multiplayer issue, 24 players just seems a bit small, especially if they're going to do the whole combined arms thing.

Also I'm just being irrationally hostile about console owners getting their grubby gamepad clasping mits on our beloved BF franchise. It should be made law that consoles can only play Crash Bandicoot and Tekken clones :P

Strangely our Battlefield servers and CoD:UO Seem to be having a bit of a comeback and fill up most nights now.

Yeah I logged on to BF2 for the first time in ages the other night (got a new nick, my the way, if you see a player called 'MrFighty', that be me) and was surprised that it can still boast over 2000 servers (BF2142 has about 500 on a good night!). Of course, of everyone playing, only 2% do any fighting, whilst the other 98% spend all their time throwing smoke grenades at one another whilst waiting for the jets to respawn, but you take the rough with the smooth ;)

Archived