Cod4

Roger Smelly

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PC or XBox 360 then?

Depends how manic you want your on-line gaming.

I think the x-box only allows for up to 16 players where as the PC can go up to 64. The servers aren't ranked though if they go above 32.

Some of the maps are a little bit too small for 32 players but others are just brilliant. We've got two 32 player servers running now and they've both been rammed full since the start.

Whichever option you go for you will not be disappointed. It is a brilliant game.

Well i have got it on PC and it is mega.

Going gunner on the gunship is one of the best features lol. bits of people everywhere :D

I am not a console player personally prefer the mouse and keyboard also PC's started multiplayer.

Get it people you will not be disapointed :cool:

p.s i have just finished single player and its great fun the ending is really good.

Well i have got it on PC and it is mega.

Going gunner on the gunship is one of the best features lol. bits of people everywhere :D

I am not a console player personally prefer the mouse and keyboard also PC's started multiplayer.

Get it people you will not be disapointed :cool:

p.s i have just finished single player and its great fun the ending is really good.

Did you watch all the credits & play the Epilogue?

Yeah did all that it was really good i thought.

didnt take long to get through it, BF2 looks cr@p next to this.

I played sniper on multi and watched as people just walked past me as if i wasnt there.

Any chance of a Manx Server ?

Got it at the weekend and have been loving it...the level of detail is just amazing and I dont lose much considering my ageing PC rig.

You certainly get the feeling of being part of a much bigger picture with battles raging all around you, as opposed to the usual FPS where you pretty much are the battle.....havent managed to get online yet thanks to the carpet fitter slicing through my phone line and MT taking 2 weeks to get round to sort it out!!!

Good times to be a nerdy gamer!!

Thoroughly recommended.

WSAG Rating - 9/10

didnt take long to get through it, BF2 looks cr@p next to this.

I've got to wait until Christmas to get CoD4, so this discussion is torturing me!

I played sniper on multi and watched as people just walked past me as if i wasnt there.

It's that good? My main disappointment with BF2 was that snipers couldn't really conceal themselves very well, especially since grass didn't render at a distance.

Played the PC Multiplayer last night and ..............OMG.

This is a huge leap on COD2, details are incredible, with bonus challenges (getting 25 kills with particular weapons, etc) adding to the fun.

Single player AI is fantastic as others have said, and i feel my CS gaming is going to be heavily hit by COD4

I've got to wait until Christmas to get CoD4, so this discussion is torturing me!

Ouch! Vinnie mate - this will be the longest 6 weeks of your life. CoD4 has to be the game of the year. I know you're in carrot crunching land but for those living on the Island you will have no lag problems playing on any of the servers. About 3am and all the yanks join our server and they're pinging on the 200 mark and has had no effect on the playability of the game.

Woohooo! Back to the battlefield :)

Well Update Time :D

I have to say since playing team deathmatch it is the best game i have played regarding lagg very little if any.

The graphics are spot on very realistic.

The sniping is great but it isnt as easy as BF2 because you have to hold your breath to be able to get a good shot.

So it isnt as easy but it is more rewarding when you get a headshot lol

If i was you Vinne i would be going up the wall this is the dog's plums and i think the level has now been raised. :cool:

Well Update Time :D

I have to say since playing team deathmatch it is the best game i have played regarding lagg very little if any.

The graphics are spot on very realistic.

The sniping is great but it isnt as easy as BF2 because you have to hold your breath to be able to get a good shot.

So it isnt as easy but it is more rewarding when you get a headshot lol

If i was you Vinne i would be going up the wall this is the dog's plums and i think the level has now been raised. :cool:

if you get a decent mouse with a few buttons holding ya breath is very easy ;)

God damn stupid call of duty 4! :lol: Chenobyl level.....how do you get past the part with the ferris wheel while waiting for the chopper?

I'm obviously some kind of retard and I end up getting killed every time and shouting obscenities about russians and stupid fecking alsatians! <_<:lol:

God damn stupid call of duty 4! :lol: Chenobyl level.....how do you get past the part with the ferris wheel while waiting for the chopper?

I'm obviously some kind of retard and I end up getting killed every time and shouting obscenities about russians and stupid fecking alsatians! <_<:lol:

I know what you mean, I got stuck there for ages.

In the end the way I got passed it was:-

As your looking out onto the on coming blokes - your mate is on the left and to your right there is a tree - stand behind it.

From here don't worry about anything on your left really because your mate will get it. All you need to worry about is the odd guy running up the steps of the Ferris wheel who you need to pick off - another guy that will come and crouch in the grass and the odd bloke that comes head on and stays behind the car Also. when their choppers come in, watch for the back dooe opening and hit them as they come down the rope. After what seems like forever the chopper will come. When it does pick your guy up but run towards the bottom of the Ferris wheel and through the railings otherwise you will have to start again like I did because a car has blown up in your face. Once you crack the routine your sorted.

Archived