Someone Isn't Very Popular In Peel....

Cret

Mr Moyle quoted from Iomonline:

'Why you should interfere and get involved because you get some half baked story doing the rounds in Peel I don't know.

'I wouldn't trust them to tell me tomorrow was Wednesday.'

Outrage in Peel

What I'm surprised at (or actually maybe not I suppose), is that the defendant got charged £500 for provoking behaviour "his bad language may have caused slight fear", then just £250 for possession of drugs.

I don't really care about whether the guy had a bit of pot either way to be honest but I thought they were supposed to try and send a message that they won't be tolerated?

It seems that being a bit cross & swearing is a worse offence?

What I'm surprised at (or actually maybe not I suppose), is that the defendant got charged £500 for provoking behaviour "his bad language may have caused slight fear", then just £250 for possession of drugs.

That is the defence's case - it sounds like the prosecution had another take on it! Including the words "kill you"

As a born and bred Peel resident I have to take great exception to the crass remarks. I hope he has his passport stamped the next time he crosses the bridge.

ROBERT WILLIAMSON

I think this is quite an outrageous thing to say about anywhere on the Island. There are liars and honest people in all walks of life, and I personally have found after 14 years of living in Peel that the majority or good honest decent people are actually Peel born and bredl.

SUE DUNN

Good god. Do people go out of their way to take things out of context in order to feel insulted?

According to the article he was the only one who wasn't in possetion of drugs out of the three arrested. £250 for smoking someone elses joint seems quite harsh to me.

Realize this makes me sound very ignorant ... but ...

Is the coroner Michael Moyle also the High Baliff Michael Moyle? If so why's he got two jobs and aren't they a bit contradictory - if he rules unlawful death as a coroner isn't he prejudicing any case he may have to rule on. Seems silly.

Or are they two people?

I'm Michael Moyle

No I'm Michael Moyle

etc

Would the real Michael Moyle please stand up........

I hope you'r not suggesting he may be unable to

Come on now Cheeky Boy !

You know as well as I do. Michael Moyle is a fine upstanding citizen !

When he's not in the Woodbourne that is?? :P

"I wouldn't trust them to tell me tomorrow was Wednesday"

There is always the chance that he meant this literally, having seen a sign in a Peel pub saying 'free booze tomorrow', enquired of the next govag he met 'what day is tomorrow?' and duly returned on the Wednesday only to find said booze off the menu.

Archived