[BBC News] Railway renewal scheme under way

Newsbot

Best one yet:

A few nights ago I was raci.. sorry, driving carefully through Cronk-ny-Mona heading for the Creg when I noticed the matrix sign read: " Warning: Fog, use headlights"

No 5hit Sherlock..

And there was me going to use the infra-red night vision. :rolleyes:

Best one yet:

A few nights ago I was raci.. sorry, driving carefully through Cronk-ny-Mona heading for the Creg when I noticed the matrix sign read: " Warning: Fog, use headlights"

No 5hit Sherlock..

And there was me going to use the infra-red night vision. :rolleyes:

If I remember correctly there's a sign arond junction 9/10 on the M25 which says:

Spray when wet.

Just as well they've got people looking into this kind of stuff.

yes they are the ones that come on when the headlight switch isnt turned far enough.

I thought they were the sidelights that just lit up on one side.

Think you are thinking of parking lights which operate on some cars after the ignition is switched off. Whatever side you want to light up is determined by which way the indicator stalk is positioned. this then lights up one rear lamp, and one front lamp.

Volkswagens tend to have these.

The only point of this appears to be as a way of flattening your battery. Never understood it. :huh:

In some countries it is law to have your vehicle lit while parked at night. But you only need to light the side that is furthest away from the kerb.

yes they are the ones that come on when the headlight switch isnt turned far enough.

I thought they were the sidelights that just lit up on one side.

Think you are thinking of parking lights which operate on some cars after the ignition is switched off. Whatever side you want to light up is determined by which way the indicator stalk is positioned. this then lights up one rear lamp, and one front lamp.

Volkswagens tend to have these.

That is exactly what I was thinking of. Insomniac seems to be describing side lights.

Jesus H. I'm describing the dim lights that that all cars have that are not dipped or full headlights. They are for parking only and yet used for driving in bad visability.

I know what sidelights are. My last post was to explain to Gladys what she was thinking of.

I don't know if it still is, but it certainly used to be the case that sidelights could be used when driving in built up areas where there was a 30 limit and streetlighting.

Don't really see the advantage myself.

Archived