Colours

Sidney

Ladies toilets leaking, I'm told it could be shut for 3 or 4 weeks.

Yep. Apparently they have to dig up the floor to access the sewage pipes to repair/replace them.Have heard several stories as to why, the truth is probably a mixture of all of them.

I hardly ever go there now so won't miss it. They seem to surpass the record for the longest time to serve me every time I go in there. Whilst they are knocking it about, they should consider putting in a longer bar and employing another 5 bar staff.

Not my cup of tea these days but on the few occasions I have had the misfortune to try and get served in there it’s been close to 30 minutes nigh on every occasion.

I hate criticising service staff, they have a hard enough time as it is with the hours and pay but I have never seen bar staff work so inefficiently in all of my years. Certainly not all of them can be blamed but the staff appear switched off. They don’t operate in sections of the bar, take orders 2-3 drinks at a time and in some cases have trouble getting a grip of the Manx vocabulary prompting ordering drinks in the style of the typical Brit abroad.

No visible manager ever present and the whole place is just badly designed from start to finish and has all of the character of a dead pigeon. Bars with dance floors are not clubs.

I hardly ever go there now so won't miss it. They seem to surpass the record for the longest time to serve me every time I go in there. Whilst they are knocking it about, they should consider putting in a longer bar and employing another 5 bar staff.

Not my cup of tea these days but on the few occasions I have had the misfortune to try and get served in there it’s been close to 30 minutes nigh on every occasion.

I hate criticising service staff, they have a hard enough time as it is with the hours and pay but I have never seen bar staff work so inefficiently in all of my years. Certainly not all of them can be blamed but the staff appear switched off. They don’t operate in sections of the bar, take orders 2-3 drinks at a time and in some cases have trouble getting a grip of the Manx vocabulary prompting ordering drinks in the style of the typical Brit abroad.

No visible manager ever present and the whole place is just badly designed from start to finish and has all of the character of a dead pigeon. Bars with dance floors are not clubs.

very well put, ref the bar staf. bu tbh no such thing as a bad team! only bad management. they should have realised by now, THAT BAR DONT WORK. there was better service in toffs.

in some cases have trouble getting a grip of the Manx vocabulary prompting ordering drinks in the style of the typical Brit abroad.

To be fair to the staff, "Drunken slur" can be quite a difficult dialect to understand at the best of times.

The language barrier I think is a problem (being that the majority of bar staff are lowly paid foreign immigrants). It must be hard to decipher pully speak in understanding the slurring pished up fifteen year olds trying to order their 20th bottle of blue WKD - you know that exagerated liverpool twang that is even more scouse than scouse - PLEASE DON'T STOTE ME FOR HAM BAPS

The language barrier I think is a problem (being that the majority of bar staff are lowly paid foreign immigrants). It must be hard to decipher pully speak in understanding the slurring pished up fifteen year olds trying to order their 20th bottle of blue WKD - you know that exagerated liverpool twang that is even more scouse than scouse - PLEASE DON'T STOTE ME FOR HAM BAPS

That is a disgraceful stance to have!

Please don't knock residents from Peel...They have been battered already this week by Mr Moyle, and Its just not fair anymore!

Having a good night out ?

Been round a few pubs with yer pals and had a real good giggle ?

Been for something good to eat and a few beers ?

Wondering where to go after midnight ?

If you want to ruin a perfectly good evening then its got to be Paramount or Colours. Two equally horrible dives full of nuisances.

After the tenth time of paying a fiver to stand in these shitholes for an hour before heading for the exit and nearest taxi, I finally learnt my lesson.

House party with pals has sooooooooooooooooooooooo much more to offer than those two godforsaken excuses for nightclubs !! So the closure of Colours is no loss whatsoever in my book

Phew that feels better !!

Archived