Assassins Creed

ai_Droid

Isn't that what assassins do?

Aye. By the same quater all Thieves do is steal, but the thief games managed to inject a good bit of variety into that.

The eurogamer reviews in, getting a 7/10 from Tom Bramwell. It's a recurring theme in the non exclusives, pretty but repetitive.

here's a quick video comparison of the 360 and PS3 version, very short but still very cleverly done...

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_5354_en.html

to be honest the differences are minimal, looks bloody fantastic!

From the IGN review:

"Playing back-to-back with the 360 version, it's obvious that Ubisoft did not devote enough resources to the PS3 edition. The framerate is considerably worse, so much so that it begins to affect gameplay in the later levels. You can get through the first two-thirds of Assassin with the framerate being just an annoyance, but it becomes more of an issue for the final third of the missions."

From the Gamespot review:

"There are few differences between the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions. PS3 owners are blessed with a slightly more solid frame rate, although the 360 version features a little more contrast in the lighting, so it's pretty much a wash."

Games been downgraded for me to a 'might try later', I'll be grabbing Mario Galaxy this week instead I think.

I just read quite a bad review of it actually on IGN, not getting put off just yet though!

Some sites reviewing COD4 bitched about it and I just got to the part where *******(Spoler removed :D ) and it's bloody fantastic!

yeah just read the IGN review as well ( 7.7/10 ), not as great as I expected ( 5minute load times surely must be an exageration?!?!? )!

Then again on the same site Kane and Lynch only got 7/10 ( which looked pretty good in the build up ), and blacksite got a lowly 6.4/10 ( which to tell the truth kinda sucked when they released the demo )...

I think i'm still gonna give it a go because it does look like something I can get into.

yeah just read the IGN review as well ( 7.7/10 ), not as great as I expected ( 5minute load times surely must be an exageration?!?!? )!

Then again on the same site Kane and Lynch only got 7/10 ( which looked pretty good in the build up ), and blacksite got a lowly 6.4/10 ( which to tell the truth kinda sucked when they released the demo )...

I think i'm still gonna give it a go because it does look like something I can get into.

Yeah i thought Kane & Lynch looks pretty good actually, will be getting Mass effect first though I reckon then might give it a try if nothing leaps out at me first!

For sale: Assassin's Creed (PES3) £30

Looks awesome. Really some of the climbing, vistas, colours and lighting are just lovely. The missions for me though are just too repetitive and the AI sucks. There seems to be a good storyline twist behind this title and I can see how they can develop the series from this. However COD4 this week has taken the shine off AC.

Looks awesome. Really some of the climbing, vistas, colours and lighting are just lovely. The missions for me though are just too repetitive and the AI sucks. There seems to be a good storyline twist behind this title and I can see how they can develop the series from this. However COD4 this week has taken the shine off AC.

Yeah got to agree with you there slinky, played through about 4 missions now, very repetitive but i'm gonna stick with it just to see how the story pans out...proper lovely to look at, and the animation is fantastic, just running hell for leather over the rooftops is great fun. Not the game it was hyped up to be though... :(

Yeah got to agree with you there slinky, played through about 4 missions now, very repetitive but i'm gonna stick with it just to see how the story pans out...proper lovely to look at, and the animation is fantastic, just running hell for leather over the rooftops is great fun. Not the game it was hyped up to be though... :(

Damn shame, but then it's not like we're short of great stuff to play at the moment, even ps3 owners! :)

Some of the non-exclusive money hat reviews are making it out to be a bit average. Ace graphics, repetitive gameplay. One mission type (find someone and kill them) through the whole game.

Man speaks truth.

Assassins Creed is just a very pretty game, but lacks decent gamplay.

Archived