Manx Radio Staff Redundancies

traveller

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"At oh-four-thirty-six minutes, twenty-five and three quarter pico seconds we played the Cutting Crew song titled I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight and further, we declared it in a timely manner on our PRS return"

Fair play to ManxJock. All he was doing was using de facto evidence to shout down Declan's pointless (and subsequently unfounded) rant.

What's wrong with that.

Not like you to suffer a sense of humour bypass? It was not the content of the post that particularly amused me, it was the precise method of delivery :-)

With respect Manxman it was hardly a rant - you should get me on the subject of Coldplay if you want a rant. What I wrote was -

Why do Manx Radio persist in playing the lamentable "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight" by the Cutting Crew. Is one them related to a member of Manx Radio Staff and in desperate need of needle-time royalties?

And Manxjock confirmed that Manx Radio played the lamentable tune 3 times in four months. Which more than amply backs up my claim that Manx Radio persist in playing the tune.

Anyone noticed the similarity between the Managing Director of Manx Radio and Tony Blair?

Give us a clue Jack. I'll have a couple of guesses anyway.

Are they both delusional?

Is one trying to kill off the BBC and the other one trying to kill Manx Radio?

Not like you to suffer a sense of humour bypass? It was not the content of the post that particularly amused me, it was the precise method of delivery :-)

Yes I see it now. I must have been having a sh1tty day at the time and my funny bone (no comments) became detached.

I did, however, enjoy my time in the Bus / word association / Ned thread which lightened me up somewhat. :P

Declan - with hindsight three times is obviously way too many for that drivel !!

I take it this is the catchall manxradio thread.

can i just say that the other morning the room next door had its radoi come on at six oclock in the morning and all i kept hearing was an annoying sound.

then i discovered itwas manxradios 4 chord news gingle. a more annoying sound you couldnt get and worse than a glaxon i reckon,. what do you think?

A double dose:

Double_0022.mp3

and to rubb it in every so offen a single

Single_0023.mp3

pretty rackous stuff if you ask me and its all the time they seem to play it on the news. once a day is too much

Archived