Private Sector "helps" Government

Grianane

http://www.manxradio.com/readNEwsItem.aspx?id=11541

The cynic in me always wonders why early retirement is given to valued managers and employees and why an important resource can be so readily released to Government. I'd have thought it would be of greater benefit to send someone from Government out to learn how things are done better in the private sector (if they are).

Whenever I see a Bank Manger retired early I always think that perhaps its because they arn't providing any benefit to the bank anymore - if they were surely they'd be kept on.

Whenever I see a Bank Manger retired early I always think that perhaps its because they arn't providing any benefit to the bank anymore - if they were surely they'd be kept on.

It's all to do with the 'Peter Principle' - a colloquial principle of hierarchiology, stated as "in a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence."

Having achieved the highest levels of incompetence available in the private sector, many such people need new levels of incompetence to rise to - and joining the IOM civil service provides them with unlimited opportunities to achieve unbounded levels of incompetence.

How very interesting. Tell me, did the DHSS post an advert along the lines of:

Wanted - Bank Manager

The DHSS is in urgent need of a bank manager to join their already pretty top-notch team.

The successful candidate will be required to bring to the DHSS all of their experience in errrr... banking! This will include banking customer service and banking media studies, all very relevant in the world of todays medical services and dole queues.

The candidate needs to bring fresh ideas and perspectives to improve Health and Social Services in the banking area where they have clearly been sadly lacking in the past.

Please submit your cv along with trout, apron and rolled-up trouser leg to the DHSS c/o Free Money Unlimited, IOM

Archived