Mlc Found Guilty

Lonan3

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
QUOTE(homarus @ Nov 9 2007, 08:54 PM)

I take it that you don't believe that the ruling classes of the good old Isle of Man, are capable of behaving in underhand and dishonest ways then , 'Keyboarder 'old bean?

I neither believe or disbelieve - I've yet to see anything that suggests to me that the so called working classes get it any rougher than anyone else. Spartacus suggested the verdict would have been different for the chirpy Willaston labourer - the verdict however was guilty. What more could one want?

The sentences to be realistic and fair perhaps?

Young lad steals £3.00 worth of food from a Spar shop, gets 120 hours community service & a fine (he hasnt got enough money for food, where is he going to get fine money from?? - courts with no idea of the reality of being poor) - Wife of ExCM does something bad (cant remember the exact charges and wouldnt want to get the forum into any trouble by 'making up my own' for her, Im sure most of you remember anyway) and gets a divvy fine, there is something for you to ponder. One was a poor boy trying to feed himself, the other was already fat enough & so was her wallet but still tried to steal from the public purse.

Got to love the 'oh he won't get voted in now' crowd, Rushen would never vote in a convicted criminal.. :lol:

I know what you're saying but him being an MLC means that there is no public vote. That's democracy in action!

And why would he be standing in Rushen anyway?

Got to love the 'oh he won't get voted in now' crowd, Rushen would never vote in a convicted criminal.. :lol:

I know what you're saying but him being an MLC means that there is no public vote. That's democracy in action!

And why would he be standing in Rushen anyway?

... and careless driving is only a summary offence so he's not a convicted criminal either.

Wrong three times in only one line of text .. that must be a MF record.

Well.. He started off as Rushen MHK didn't he? Also point still stands on the con, if you can still get voted in with such credentials what's a little misdemeanor going to matter for.

I'm also quite aware that he's not a member of the electorate, hence the direction to the 'crowd' at the start of the post..

I'm also quite aware that he's not a member of the electorate

No he IS a member of the electorate - he's of a class of people qualified to vote.

You actually mean that he is not in his position as a result of a democratic vote which most people already understood.

He lives in Ballasalla, and is well respected in that community for his connection with Malew FC. That is where he draws his support from. You are right he was Rushen mhk, 26 years ago, when Ballasalla was part of Rushen, however for a long time it has been part of Malew & Santon.

QUOTE(OneArmedScissor @ Nov 10 2007, 10:10 PM)

Wasn't there an MHK who was once done for arson or something? That was Rushen wasn't it?

You've done it now! Besides are we allowed to say such snippets of truth?

Rehablilitation of offenders act 1976 (made the date up). Maybe maybe not, who knows? It isnt exactly a secret though is it?

QUOTE(OneArmedScissor @ Nov 10 2007, 10:10 PM)

Wasn't there an MHK who was once done for arson or something? That was Rushen wasn't it?

You've done it now! Besides are we allowed to say such snippets of truth?

Rehablilitation of offenders act 1976 (made the date up). Maybe maybe not, who knows? It isnt exactly a secret though is it?

John Wright cleared this point up, in another thread. Since Phil Gawne, makes no secret of his past - it's on the official Tynwald profile, and has given media interviews referring to the incident, the rehabilitation of offenders act doesn't prevent us mentioning it.

Archived