Christmas Music

cheeky boy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daft innit, what's bizzare too is that he calls her a slut the line before, but that's just fine apparently. And given she's singing to her boyfriend, I'm guessing she's not suggesting he's a bender, but one of these:

Mr-Brains-Faggots-Pack.jpg

Hmmm yummy, I love to eat faggot balls!

Daft innit, what's bizzare too is that he calls her a slut the line before, but that's just fine apparently. And given she's singing to her boyfriend, I'm guessing she's not suggesting he's a bender, but one of these:

Hmmm yummy, I love to eat faggot balls!

Ha ha, I always have a giggle in Tesco when I see these!! :lol: There is something wholly un-apetising about a manufacturer called "Mr Brains" and then the product Pork Faggotts!

The whole verse:

You're a bum

You're a punk

You're an old slut on junk

Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed

You scumbag, you maggot

You cheap lousy faggot

Happy Christmas your arse

I pray God it's our last

My old slut on junk at home doesn't take offense at this at all!

Over on Radio 2, the song is still being played in its entirety. Apparently its only Radio 1 listeners who might take offence. :huh:

They don't seem too happy about it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/news/newsbeat/...fairytale.shtml

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jsp...=20071218150623

Edit to add - It's a bloody stupid idea, WTF are the BBC thinking of?

they're a shower of bastards. If they allow Sarah Cox to speak on air they should allow the full version of fairytale. Cox is far more offensive to the ears than old shane and kirsty banging on about faggots and arses

LINK

BBC Radio 1 has reversed its decision to censor the Pogues' 1987 Christmas hit Fairytale of New York.

The song, in which the late Kirsty MacColl trades insults with Pogues frontman Shane MacGowan, had been edited as "some members of the audience might find it offensive", the BBC had said.

During the song, MacColl sings to MacGowan: "You scumbag, you maggot, you cheap lousy faggot."

She continues: "Happy Christmas your arse, I pray God it's our last."

Both the word "faggot" and another line in which MacGowan calls MacColl "an old slut on junk" were edited.

But after complaints from thousands of listeners - and MacColl's mother Jean - Radio 1 controller Andy Parfitt has confirmed the decision has been reversed.

"After careful consideration, I have decided the decision to edit the Pogues song was wrong," he said. "Radio 1 does not play homophobic lyrics or condone bullying of any kind. It is not always easy to get this right.

"The unedited version will be played from now on. I want to stress that everyone at Radio 1 and its music team take the issue of language very seriously and enormous care is taken in ensuring that offensive language is edited from records where necessary."

It's not the first time this song's been edited. When it was recorded for top of the pops the line "you cheap lousy faggot" was replaced with "you're cheap and you're haggared". Some radio stations still play the top of the pops recording as the "safe" version.

Archived