Dazzlers ?

Roger Smelly

Having drove home tonight i have been dazzled about 10 times.

Is it a growing thing people so selfish or lazy that they cannot dip their lights ?

Also the indicator is there for a reason people :angry:

I find a lot of dipped lights blind me too, specially on cars that sit higher such as 4x4s

A lot of cars seem to have these blue tinged xenon lights as standard now, which are supposed to be brighter and aid vision at night.

Unfortunately they just dazzle everyone else!

I've had this too often also.

Most cars have a dip button or some adjuster thingie inside the engine bay. It's not difficult folks, have a twiddle and lower those lights.

The point about Zenon lights is so valid also.

Who needs to light up the road half a mile ahead, you're only doing 70 FFS. Not as if you're on a rally.

Foglights are annoying too. Especially people who don't switch their rear fog lights off when it isn't foggy!

Or switch them on when there is barely a mist.

During foggy conditions, I will only use my rear fogs if there is nothing behind me. That's what they're designed for so you can be seen at a distance.

As soon as there is a car behind I will switch them off to avoid dazzling folk or masking my brake lights.

During foggy conditions, I will only use my rear fogs if there is nothing behind me. That's what they're designed for so you can be seen at a distance.

If they're too bright for the guy behind you in a pea souper - the idiot is too close and should back off.

Point taken, but I'd rather he sees my brake lights, than a pair of glaring foglights that could make my brake lights not as easily seen.

you have to one of the few that use your fog lights in the fog then, most people i see have them on all the time except in actual fog where a lot of people don't put any lights on at all! (even funnier when a silver car comes towards you with n light on in fog as you only see it as it passes you)

I find a lot of dipped lights blind me too, specially on cars that sit higher such as 4x4s

A lot of cars seem to have these blue tinged xenon lights as standard now, which are supposed to be brighter and aid vision at night.

Unfortunately they just dazzle everyone else!

Typically the light-dark boundaries are more clear and defined when using Xenon/HID lamps compared to the Halogen ones. In which case less saturation should effect oncoming vehicles.

Well done to the person who drove over the mountain last night in the pitch black with no lights on whatsoever.

Quite an achievement. Were you using the force to navigate?

PS please stop flashing me 'cos I have got xenons people (especially the person who only had one headlight working). They came with the car. I have had them checked and they are properly aligned

You'll have to stick a big sign on your car then so we know which is you! ;)

Dodgy lights is one of my pet hates too, be it knackered ones/badly adjusted ones/or inappropriately used ones. More people should get done.

The fact I complain so much about other people means I'm paranoid about mine stopping working too!

Archived