[BBC News] New Manx Chief Constable is named

Newsbot

Another comeover taking a top job in the Island.No doubt he will say how much he loves the place blah blah blah...

Is he the best applicant for the job. If so I do not have any real issues of where he has come from. In addition in the UK they used to , but I am not sure if it is still the case, appoint senior offices for a dvision from a different force. Presumably to freshen things up and stop old practices getting into a rut and presumably as a way of discouraging bad practices at the top as the new would presumably uncover rather than keep quiet about. I apprecaite that it is not necessarily relevent in this case as he is currently assistant chief but I think it is wrong to castigate just because he is not Manx

Another comeover taking a top job in the Island.No doubt he will say how much he loves the place blah blah blah...
I think he was the only "qualified" person currently in the Manx force who could have got it. If he didn't get it, it would have been someone from a UK force.

So the next step is to see who will get the Deputy's job. I think there is only one person locally who would be able to apply for it (Superintendant Gary Roberts who is currently Acting Deputy CC) and I expect that some UK people will apply as well.

Archived