So What's Gone On At The Lanky?

Gin Span

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great big Skid marks, and the front of the pub/porch bit looks like it's been stoved in...???

A silver car hit it at full speed, and the guy walked away from it. HE WAS REALLY LUCKY. The car is totalled.

Great big Skid marks, and the front of the pub/porch bit looks like it's been stoved in...???

A silver car hit it at full speed, and the guy walked away from it. HE WAS REALLY LUCKY. The car is totalled.

Thought it was an Artic the size of the skid marks!

Yeah, I could have sworn the skids were double width ones but maybe they weren't.

It was definately a car, i saw it happen, it was one of those hard top convertible expensive types, the guy has been treated in hospital but he is ok. He overtook me at some speed and he crashed a few seconds later, it was like bonfire night with the sparks as he hit the wall and porch, then a big ball of fire, luckily it went out within a couple of minutes. AGAIN HE WAS SO LUCKY TO WALK AWAY WITH JUST A FEW CUTS.

Yeah, I could have sworn the skids were double width ones but maybe they weren't.

It was definately a car, i saw it happen, it was one of those hard top convertible expensive types, the guy has been treated in hospital but he is ok. He overtook me at some speed and he crashed a few seconds later, it was like bonfire night with the sparks as he hit the wall and porch, then a big ball of fire, luckily it went out within a couple of minutes. AGAIN HE WAS SO LUCKY TO WALK AWAY WITH JUST A FEW CUTS.

Its about time the Govt got a shed load of Fiat Cinquecento's or similar for everyone.

This would cut down on the high speed crashes, and help improve parking!!

It was definately a car, i saw it happen,

Ahh, sorry then - my mistake.

Glad there were no serious injuries.

Big skids for a 50 zone though..... :huh:

It was definately a car, i saw it happen,

Ahh, sorry then - my mistake.

Glad there were no serious injuries.

Big skids for a 50 zone though..... :huh:

He wasnt doing 50, i was doing 50 when he overtook me he was doing more around 80.........

Its about time the Govt got a shed load of Fiat Cinquecento's or similar for everyone.

They could be birthday gifts. Or maybe they could give them out with our tax rebates.

Well it has always amazed me how you can learn in whatever horsepower car you like, but 125CC's are restricted.

How many teenagers immediately go from passing their test into a top of the range Nissan-Satsuma turbo-nutter-barstard-of-a-car that mummy and daddy are paying the insurance on??

I think if someone thought about it a bit, we could be very green, and also cut down on the accidents substantially. Because of the HP of a smaller car, there may be no need for an all Island speed limit!!

I believe there has been a crash out around St Johns to Peel this morning?

Heading for a wall at 80-90mph I'd expect skidmarks on the drivers seat as well???

Well it has always amazed me how you can learn in whatever horsepower car you like, but 125CC's are restricted.

How many teenagers immediately go from passing their test into a top of the range Nissan-Satsuma turbo-nutter-barstard-of-a-car that mummy and daddy are paying the insurance on??

Don't forget there's an R-plate system which limits new drivers to 50mph.

The reason bikes are restricted to 125's is because you can drive em by yourself on a provisional.

Don't forget there's an R-plate system which limits new drivers to 50mph.

The reason bikes are restricted to 125's is because you can drive em by yourself on a provisional.

R2...we all know that doesn't mean anything. local garages are retiscent to de restrict 125's even after you have passed a test, probably because they could be sold on with the de-restriction far too easily

Archived