So What's Gone On At The Lanky?

Gin Span

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great big Skid marks, and the front of the pub/porch bit looks like it's been stoved in...???

I guess thats what you would call a drive by planning application - that went wrong ...

My guess is it is now an unsound structure - that needs to be pulled down.

.. and what we really need is an all island speed limit -

.. oh no wait a minute - Ive got that wrong again.

This driver has crashed into a building that is occupied for a lot of the time by young children. I hope that isn't forgotten about come the police investigation. You'd have to be an insane parent to send your kids there now wouldn't you? It always struck me as a suspect position for innocent kids, especially in the land of the (motoring) free.

Oh My your right Won't somebody think of the Children

That was one of the first things said when we were discussing it at work today, that it was lucky it didn't happen during the day when the children were there, and wondered whether they had to close the nursery.

Oh My your right Won't somebody think of the Children

That was one of the first things said when we were discussing it at work today, that it was lucky it didn't happen during the day when the children were there, and wondered whether they had to close the nursery.

Sorry, but I think you've fundamentally missed the thrust of Shit3hawk's post.

I don't think it's a nursery any more, it closed some months ago.

I heard it was going to be turned back into the pub, but I don't know if that was just run of the mill shite?

I hope so, I spent many of my formative years drinking there and it was a great pub - and listening to 'Layla' by Eric Clapton on the jukebox there, that never seemed to get updated.

Archived