[BBC News] Government vehicles auctioned

Newsbot

Potential bidders can view the items at Ellerslie plant depot for a few days before the sale, which will be held on Saturday 1 December.

"In the past all vehicles and equipment have been sold using sealed bids so the auction adds a new dimension to the process and if successful may be carried on and used in future sales.

"People who cannot attend the auction still have the opportunity to put a sealed bid in prior to the auction."

Can't help with the time, though.

I wonder why they've decided to go down the auction route, rather than the sealed tenders? It seems like a good idea to me, I've submitted what I considered to be fair offers on a number of vehicles to the dot in the past, with no success, and no subsequent knowledge of the prices agreed on. I'm tempted to wander down and see what sums they achieve, though I won't be buying myself, lol.......

I think they will will have a "minimum price" set for each vehicle. Just before the auction starts, they open the sealed bids and the highest offer will be the starting bid. If that sealed bid or the auction itself doesn't get above the "minimum" then the vehicle won't be sold.

Archived