Sean Lock

When Skies Are Grey

yep i went last night. to be honest i didn't even pay attention to the first half, and had to look at the ticket 20 mins in to remember who it was i was watching. the 2nd half picked up a bit. Alan Carr is still the best one i've seen over here so far. bring over Bill Bailey, Eddie Izzard, and Frankie Boyle next they are pish funny. oh and Jack Dee

agree with everyone else - the first 10 or so minutes were a bit iffy and I was worried he was going to be far better on a panel show than stand up but after that it just kept getting better

yep i went last night. to be honest i didn't even pay attention to the first half, and had to look at the ticket 20 mins in to remember who it was i was watching. the 2nd half picked up a bit. Alan Carr is still the best one i've seen over here so far. bring over Bill Bailey, Eddie Izzard, and Frankie Boyle next they are pish funny. oh and Jack Dee

Bill Bailey - yes. Eddie Izzard, hmm. Not sure. Two years ago I'd feel a bit mental saying that. I used to have a bit of a crush on Izzard in a comedy kind of way (i.e. I thought he was god) but his stand up act is past it's best. However, both Bailey and Izzard are far too big acts to be bothered with a bunch of inbreds on Mona's Isle. I'd still have sex with either of them though. If they asked nicely.

Bill Bailey - yes. Eddie Izzard, hmm. Not sure. Two years ago I'd feel a bit mental saying that. I used to have a bit of a crush on Izzard in a comedy kind of way (i.e. I thought he was god) but his stand up act is past it's best. However, both Bailey and Izzard are far too big acts to be bothered with a bunch of inbreds on Mona's Isle. I'd still have sex with either of them though. If they asked nicely.

But you are a Mister!! Tell you what, we'll split the difference and I'll have sex with Eddie and you can have Bill, as long as you asked me nicely. Hell, to seal the deal, I'll try to convert Julian Clary; I'm sure there is some hetero in there just gagging to squeeze back in the closet.

I went to see Ross Noble in Manchester a few weeks ago and ended up chatting to him after the show. We talked bikes a little bit and I mentioned the TT and he told me that he wanted to come to the TT last year and do a few gigs in the practice week and then take a week just to watch the racing and that he got turned down by the theatre (i assume he meant the gaiety but he didn't say). Glad to see that they're finally booking good comedians rather than ken dodd and jasper carrot for the billionth time.

I went to see Ross Noble in Manchester a few weeks ago and ended up chatting to him after the show. We talked bikes a little bit and I mentioned the TT and he told me that he wanted to come to the TT last year and do a few gigs in the practice week and then take a week just to watch the racing and that he got turned down by the theatre (i assume he meant the gaiety but he didn't say). Glad to see that they're finally booking good comedians rather than ken dodd and jasper carrot for the billionth time.

They turned down Ross Noble? Whoever did that needs to be sacked. And hit with hammers.

I was pleased to see Frankie Boyle 2 weeks ago in Bristol. I enjoyed his act, having become a fan from Mock the Week. However, some of his lines were used on Mock, and I felt he was a second rate stand up who had got lucky when he discovered that being acidly cruel / vitriolic was getting him more laughs than a routine. He went through his list of subjects, but there was no real attempt to link his material in a coherent way. He needs to put more work in to achieve stardom.

last week I saw Andy parsons, also on the wish list from Mock. he was also good and worth the fee, with a lot more polish and humour in his material. He also managed to join up the various strands at the end, so it looked like a performance.

Mark Thomas is on Dispatches tonight attacking coca cola, now there is a real hero. with a point.

Archived