We're Doomed! And Real Quick, Too...

Amadeus

I accept it must be difficult to be on the radio and treat things impartially when appropriate, but not an issue as important as this.

So Stu Peters is not supposed to be impartial on global warming - he is supposed to give outspoken and unqualified support to the official position, regardless of whether or not he agrees with it?

Any other issues on which you think free speech and impartiality should not be allowed? :rolleyes:

The worst spokespeople for the environment are the professional enviro-mentalists (hyphen intentional).

So Stu Peters is not supposed to be impartial on global warming - he is supposed to give outspoken and unqualified support to the official position, regardless of whether or not he agrees with it?

Any other issues on which you think free speech and impartiality should not be allowed? :rolleyes:

The worst spokespeople for the environment are the professional enviro-mentalists (hyphen intentional).

I didn't say at any point he should give unqualified support of anything.

I think it's reasonable to say that some issues can be treated lighter than others. If a newsreader wants to quip about an 'and finally' item, then that's fine, but I wouldn't expect a one liner to follow a murder report.

I didn't say he couldn't express his opinion either, I just think it should be clear when he does. Talking heads for example would be a suitable platform for him to express his opinion, because that's what the shows all about.

I think it's reasonable to say that some issues can be treated lighter than others. If a newsreader wants to quip about an 'and finally' item, then that's fine, but I wouldn't expect a one liner to follow a murder report.

I didn't say he couldn't express his opinion either, I just think it should be clear when he does. Talking heads for example would be a suitable platform for him to express his opinion, because that's what the shows all about.

I must have misread your quote

I accept it must be difficult to be on the radio and treat things impartially when appropriate, but not an issue as important as this.

I take that to mean that this issue is too important for him to be impartial about it...

Archived