Roly Vs, Mec Vannin

Rog

Another crashing deafening thunderous silence from Mec Vannin.

What a surprise. No, really, I had expected some response from the slumbering towers or academia to the disgrace of the Roly persecution.

But no. Once more having more concern over such vital issues as why we won’t stand for election in case we loose or why it’s more important to promote the teaching of an antiquated language than address the issues that are of real potential benefit to the Manx people, Mec Vannin have again remained silent.

Maybe they haven’t even realised just what’s at stake here. Not just some guy getting the hoek about being bad mouthed nor even about one poor sucker looking at financial disaster, but instead at the effective prevention of any future whistle blowing now or in the future.

Mec Vannin – as I once wrote in the past, should either crap, or get off the pot. You guys in presenting yourselves as the voice of Manx Nationalism are sitting in the seats that people with a REAL concern for the REAL matters relating to the Manx should be sitting.

Step aside, Kermode, you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem.

You can’t lead so no one will follow, you can’t follow ‘cos you can’t see the direction things are heading, and damm few Want to have you walking by their side.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rog they have all been gaged due to the Roly case, FCMR was also accused in a memo to Tynwald members as being one of those behind black pages, the memo was then witdrawn by Neds Advocate from members of Tynwald, but he was to late as the memo was faxed to others including FC

The silence of Mec Vannin is also partnered with the silence of the Manx Labour Party. And the Alliance For Progressive Government. (cannot make up its mind what the hell it is).

It does seem a shame that the callers for free speech and justice eminate from various Isle of Man forum message boards, the Mannin Line, and the offshore press, yet no comment from IOM Newspapers. the local published newspapers.

And the Chief Minister has not addressed the subject of violation of human rights when interviwed by Manx Radio. Mr Corkill seemed to be more concerned with the publicity or branding of the IOM in his Manx Radio interview over the Guardian article. Not one comment regarding Roly Drower.

As one poster on this site inferred, we are branded alright.

Wouldn't it be a breath air if Mr Corkill said he was disappointed with the way the system has treated Roly Drower and admit it is neanderthal as the Guardian quoted. And then Mr Corkill say the Government will address this matter in the interests of human rights immediately?

My God I would vote for him if he said that. But all we seem to get is ermmmm ehhhh errmm.

Tis true about the 'Manx' papers Mr Shamus sir.......but we know about Johnson press and its allegiances. I took great pleasure in having last years Christmas baby and saying "Absolutely not" when asked if the local press could take a picture etc. A small personal victory.

It must be a very difficult time for Roly and his kin, my thoughts and the thoughts of many others are with them. I imagine Roly has the respect and support of all his family and friends, I wonder if the same could be said of Mr G? For all the money in the world cannot buy happiness nor the true love of friends and family.

Shamus I was liking your post.......you would vote for Richard Corkill? ah yes I see, The Manx Govt are not radical enough to contend with a bill any more complicated than burning rubbish, I guess human rights are a little too tricky. Guess Corky will have to do without your vote after all then.

Archived