Roly Vs, Mec Vannin

Rog

Damn, I go out for one night and the only person on here who thinks I'm a "nice lad" gets banned!

Fair point, though Upstream.

BUT not talking about this specific decision, which didn't involve me, but the general priniciple that everyone has "free speech" is one I agree with, but it doesn't neccessarily mean that every possible example of it should be exercised here.

My rights to free expression allow me the right to write a bawdy tale of sex drugs and rock'n' roll. But I wouldn't claim my rights are being infringed because the Townswomen's Guild won't let me re-enact it their Xmas Party and the BBC refuse to let me read it in Jackanory.

The difficulty, we mods have with posters with extreme views, is that philosophically, the mainstream posters of the forum fall into two camps -

1. People like yourself who feel that free speech is paramount and nothing should be out of scope for debate.

2. People who believe that there are things which are unacceptable.

The problem is that whilst most people are in group two, they don't agree on each individual case - so the overall split of the forum on these decisions is generally 50-50.

So that makes it a judgement call, and naturally we don't always get them right.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....... besides which, he hasn't been censored - we (well I actually..heh) haven't removed anything he has posted and he is more than welcome to come back and continue posting his views, MINUS the personal abuse of the forum and it's members.

It is not his views that have earned him a suspension, it is his lack of general good conduct.

The biggest laugh about all this stuff is that I get decried by tossers like you but actually I speak for true Manx.  We hate you all, full stop.  Your biggest problem, similar to many others,  is denial. Which actually makes things even more hilarious for the likes of me.

Well obnoxious little tosser, I am Manx born and bred, with a name like Peter Karran I could hardly be anything else, now could I? So I am "true Manx" and I can assure you that you don't speak for me. So don't bother trying to promote the b~llocks that you speak for people like me because you don't. For all I know you do speak for ignorant little tossers who are just like yourself but as I am sure you realise they are beneath my contempt. However by all means post on in such a way that it gives the impression that the Manx are ignorant, small-minded little bigots. After all, it's the only thing you are good at.

edit by ans to sort your quote formatting out. was hard to work out what was your words and what someone elses

Edited to add: Yeah, well, it was Sunday night you know. Thanks for the help. PK

Archived