Roly Vs, Mec Vannin

Rog

I'm Manx and I also live off island - fortunately.

Fortunately for us, I presume.

You can often get a clearer view of something from the outside looking in you know.

Cr@p. You get a clear view of something by obtaining all of the facts. Being on this Island or the larger Island makes no difference to your ability to provide enlightenment.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off Islanders think there is corruption, on Islanders know there is corruption..

So how do we, Joe Public, the ones tarred with the brush make a change? Do we want to make a change?

None of us truely know the accuracy of stories that appeared on Manxman.com unless we were intimately involved and I haven't seen many volunteering evidence to back up Roly's allegations. So they could be fabrications...

People who make judgements do so by taking information presented and using probability and possiblity to form an opinion.

I believe that there is a certain amount of "favours for favours" involved in the day to day running of Government and there are some people who are able to use their positions to gain extra favours.

To an extent it is a normal part of everyday life however no individuals should suffer in order to appease another. If public money is involved, or if one person is given something that nobody else can obtain then we the public do have a right to know about it.

One of my work collegues bemoans the amount of money spent on the Mount Murray Enquiry "£2m, and for what...? what benefit...?" My opinion is that if everything had been conducted above board, then there wouldn't have been a need for the enquiry, full stop.

As a critic of Manxman.com I often complained about the excessive "glamming up" of the stories and lack of transparency, but at the same time I was mindful of the fear to be a 'whistleblower' when you are in the employment of Government or individuals who may not always play by the rule book.

At the end of the day, Roly has been dragged into court for doing what he thought was right and a service to the Nation. Whether he did it the right way or not I don't think he should ever face personal critisism from us who would otherwise be dependant on the regulated Media and be otherwise pretty much in the dark as to how 'self serving' a lot of already well off people are.

As far as Mec Vannin are concerned in all of this, they are the ones who claim to represent the Manx Nation and care about the wellbeing of the Manx in the face of corruption and 'overlording', apart from an occasional reactionary statement which anyone could have strung together, who are they really? What did the Mecs ever do for us?

Edit: Typo

Son ooiley nagh lioort as y gealg

For those who can't speak manks

Mec vannin lane dy keck

Sons of mann are full of xxxx

They have done nothing for the IOM

There are no words to say what I think about Mec Vannin

I like MK but he has no teeth

What would it be like if I spoke in Manks and castigated everyone.

No xxxxxx would know if I was taking the xxxx or not

Ta mee fir ta liooyrt sy geaelg.

C'red nod oo jannoo my dy chione?

I suspect not even 2% and expect a complaint *might be forthcoming.

We could just add to the swear filter though I suppose :-)

Heh!

Now, now - I thought this was a MANX forum! And can you put the whole of the Manx dictionary through the swear filter?!

All you need is a Manx-speaking moderator (I know there are other Manx speakers read these forums, other than me)

Archived