Roly Vs, Mec Vannin

Rog

Another thing I like about Mec Vannin is that it reminds all the comeovers and offsprings of comeovers that they aren't Manx and never will be in a million years.   I truly hope it makes them feel uncomfortable on our island....... Blah blah blah......
So people who are born here are not Manx? Massive YAWN. Traced your family tree back to the second generation of decendents of Dolly the Sheep from Snaefell have you?
Dream on Tonto, go back to the Lone Ranger, you are just another comoever on the gravy train......Blah, blah, blah......
The gravy train - hmmmmm, that'll be the one that the comeovers and their decendents created then eh?
Declan?  he seems like a nice lad, born here. Maybe so but he's not Manx.   etc. etc., are there any real Manx, concerned about their country contributing to this forum?.......Blah, blah, blah....
How do you know he's not Manx by your definition? Of course he's Manx, you twit.
Must overcome my inertia and join Mec Vannin, then  I can really oppose you comeovers and westbrits.
Oh please do - you will be as effective as they are I'm sure.... I'm shaking with fear.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So a question to teejay ----

How many generations must one be able to track ones family back on the Island in order to qualify for being Manx.

Seriously.  Spell it out.

He's probably gone running back to ask his Pure thorough Bred Manx friends who are probably just as manx as everyone else.

I'm Manx* and I find the likes of teejay and Mec Vannin an embarrassment. I don’t want to go back to a spuds and herring existence.

* I have the stamp “not entitled to abode or employment in the EU” in my passport due to lack of UK grandparents. My family here can be traced back to the 1600’s. There’s circumstantial evidence that suggests we were here in the 1500’s. However, DNA test suggest Norse / Viking ancestry and certain genetic markers in that DNA suggest that our male line came from China steppes way back in the history of civilisation. Probably explains why I like a curry now and then. We’re all come overs, some recent, some more long term.

I'm Manx* and I find the likes of teejay and Mec Vannin an embarrassment. I don’t want to go back to a spuds and herring existence.

Me either.

* I have the stamp “not entitled to abode or employment in the EU” in my passport due to lack of UK grandparents.

Same here but I have/or did have 2 English born Grandparents. What's the score there then?

Me either.

* I have the stamp “not entitled to abode or employment in the EU” in my passport due to lack of UK grandparents.

Same here but I have/or did have 2 English born Gradparents. What's the score there then?

Unless all 4 grandparents were Manx born you are not true Manx in the eyes of the EU.

So with 2 UK born grandparents you are entitled to live and work in EU countries.

Declan?  he seems like a nice lad, born here. Maybe so but he's not Manx.  etc. etc.,

Actually, I wasn't born here. But my family is predominately Manx. Lived here most of my life, and nowhere else is home. I consider myself Manx, other people don't, fair enough, but their view doesn't change how I feel. Does that still make me a "nice lad"?

Must confess I'm not a member of Mec Vannin but I do know Mark Kermode and he is a decent bloke, he certainly doesn't deserve the crap he gets here, from people who don't know anything about him.

Maybe he should start telling people of his wonderful qualities because all he represents to the people that don't know him is that he's the leader of a very small contigent of fanatical muppets that pretend to speak for the Manx, without actually bothering to check that's what they want.

For the record, I'm true Manx (by your definition) and I would rather see a 'comeover' like Ripsaw, who runs a community based website that actively helps Manx Parents, living over here than a myopic Manxman whose out of touch with the modern world who does nothing but bleat and moan at the fact that their precious gene pool is being contaminated.

I'm proud to be Manx, but people like you make me wary of admitting that in public.

Archived