Roly Vs, Mec Vannin

Rog

I'm Manx* and I find the likes of teejay and Mec Vannin an embarrassment. I don’t want to go back to a spuds and herring existence.

Me either.

* I have the stamp “not entitled to abode or employment in the EU” in my passport due to lack of UK grandparents.

Same here but I have/or did have 2 English born Gradparents. What's the score there then?

Unless all 4 grandparents were Manx born you are not true Manx in the eyes of the EU.

So with 2 UK born grandparents you are entitled to live and work in EU countries.

Not only that, if you have a Manx NI number you will have difficulties working in Europe.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a proud Manxie too, and although it does worry me a bit that there are so many comeovers (mainly because of housing/building on green land issues), it's not a personal thing and I would never have a problem with someone simply because of where they were from. It's the way of the world these days anyway, eventually we'll become one race and one mix....what will we fight over then? Football I guess.

As quite a few of my Manx family have themselves moved across, how can I think that people shouldn't have rights to come here, I do think the population growth should be monitored closely though.

I do agree with teejay in that Mark K is a nice, decent fella, and it's a shame that people have to slag him off on here, after all, what are you doing?

I would hardly say they're "fanatics", and their policies revolve around Manx Citizens, not Manx born.

It is quite possible of course that if every 'Manx' person returned to the island it would sink! It would also change enormously.

Also, being 'Manx' isn't a guarantee of merit.

(Incidentally I too can trace some of my lot back to the 1600s on the island)

I'm a proud Manxie too

I've never fully understood this. Proud of what? I'm very happy to be Manx, I guess I could be equally happy being Canadian or Kiwi, certainly a lot happier than being Ethopian.

after all, what are you doing?

Doing about what? I'd rather be as we are now than some of the depressions we've gone through. It's not that long ago that my father in law had to leave the island each year to get work once the tourist season had finished.

I have hesitated about posting here. Mainly because of the defence of Mark Kermode being a decent bloke ie if you are Manx you shouldn't shy away from MV because they are all in there for your best interests etc etc.

I am Manx and I have the huge advantage of being able to see it not only from the way I was born and bred there but also from the way I can see it from an EU perspective as I have worked there but also from a global perspective as I have worked there as well.

Ripsaw is doing his bit to support his neighbours in the same circumstances as he is in. Being a parent transcends nationalism. It does not matter what nationality you are your problems are the same. So taking a pop at him is probably as low as you can get ie is he better or worse than a manx parent? Pathetic. Hang your heads in shame.

Mark Kermode has led MV up a blind alley. Teejay confirms to me that picking on Ripsaw shows how desperate and polarised they have become. My dealings with Mark Kermode have always ended up with him being a complete and utter T~sser. Roughly translated that means with the best intentions you can offer assistance to MV but as they are up a blind alley Kermode will p~ss all over you.

No wonder the CM thinks he can get away with anything....

"I'm the only Manx in this village".

EDIT - I find discussions like this quite depressing. It's starting to remind me of The Only Gay in the Village. The rest of us just aren't Manx/gay enough to be accepted by the vast minority but we get on with it.

Archived