Wii

Gladys

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone know the word on availability of Wii consoles for Christmas? There seems to be a bit of a dearth at the mo.

You've got pretty much no hope unless you're very lucky. If you know someone in Germany, you could get one from amazon.de and swap the power cable, but they wont ship to the uk.

Anyone know the word on availability of Wii consoles for Christmas? There seems to be a bit of a dearth at the mo.

You've got pretty much no hope unless you're very lucky. If you know someone in Germany, you could get one from amazon.de and swap the power cable, but they wont ship to the uk.

Since when have amazon.de stopped shipping to the UK/IOM? I bought my sons Wii from there last year becuase they were almost impossible to get hold of.

But then the week after i got it from Germany there was a sudden glut of them for a week.

Since when have amazon.de stopped shipping to the UK/IOM? I bought my sons Wii from there last year becuase they were almost impossible to get hold of.

But then the week after i got it from Germany there was a sudden glut of them for a week.

They do sell to the uk/iom, but for some reason stopped selling Wii's, if you want a 360, or PS3 then they will send those, but for some reason not the Wii.

I dont get nintendos marketing ploy here.

Holding back stock to create a false shortage and therefore give the impression of selling out everywhere is a clever marketing move but surely the families that dont get their hands on a wii for christmas time wont bother in january as they will have already got their kids a xmas pressie.

So arent Nintendo losing out on alot of sales?

I dont get nintendos marketing ploy here.

Holding back stock to create a false shortage and therefore give the impression of selling out everywhere is a clever marketing move but surely the families that dont get their hands on a wii for christmas time wont bother in january as they will have already got their kids a xmas pressie.

So arent Nintendo losing out on alot of sales?

I don't believe it's a marketing ploy. Nintendo have confirmed that they can only manufacture 1.8 million wii's a month worldwide. They've no stock either, as the initial sales went better than expected, so they've been playing catchup ever since. There's never been a full supply of wii's, demand simply outstrips supply.

Yep, they're losing sales, and they're still kicking arse. Got to wonder how many they'd sell if stock was abundant.

I read last time round they held stock back to create a false shortage (photos were posted of packed boxes piled high in warehouses). I assumed they were doing the same again.

Most companies that have a product in demand do this type of thing but its normally to keep the price high not to create seperate advertising by saying its outsold everywhere.

Still seems a not nice thing to do to consumers but its obviously working cus whereever u look people are talking about this "shortage".

I read last time round they held stock back to create a false shortage (photos were posted of packed boxes piled high in warehouses). I assumed they were doing the same again.

Most companies that have a product in demand do this type of thing but its normally to keep the price high not to create seperate advertising by saying its outsold everywhere.

Still seems a not nice thing to do to consumers but its obviously working cus whereever u look people are talking about this "shortage".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtm...18/cnwii118.xml

I think some shops have been doing 'shenanigans' to milk the situation. I heard of one place shouting out 'last wii for sale now' every 30 mins...

But I don't think any of this is nintendo's doing, they simply can't make enough.

Woolworths are putting names down on a list so that you can sort of reserve one.

Put your name down and wait for a phone call, then they will tell you the bundles that are being shipped to them, you can then make your choice if you want to purchase or not. They have to wait till they are told what is coming in before you can confirm a price as the bundles keep changing.

I put my name down last week, should have mine by the end of this week.

Archived