Wii

Gladys

Very bold statement and very possibly true.However look beyond that superb Mario Game and what do you get ? Thrillville ? Big Brain Academy ?

Mario is a unbelievably good game but thats just not enough to warrant the frenzy that is going on right now.

Zelda, Warioware, Metroid 3, Lego Star Wars, Resi 4, Paper Mario, Trauma Centre.

Good games on the 360 for all ages are far too numerous to mention

Actually, there's tonnes of good games on the 360 for folks my age, but there's very little for kids. All mine like playing on the 360 is Viva Pinata.

The rest of the time they're on sims 2 pets and Singstar on the ps3, or on Zelda, warioware, mario or Lego star wars on the wii. I know lego star wars is on the 360 too, but they can't waggle the light sabre on that :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and Singstar on the ps3,

Is that a typo? Or can we welcome Droid to the darkside....

You're right, there's not really much on the 360 for under 8s or maybe even under 10s. And I'd suggest the Christmas shortage is down to kids wanting them as prezzies and not adults buying them for themselves. As an adult if you wanted one you'd have one by now or you wouldn't be that bothered about waiting until after Christmas. Ratchet and Clank and Highschool Musical Singstar are what I've got mine for Christmas in the way of video games so far, nothing would persuade me to get them a Wii.

Is that a typo? Or can we welcome Droid to the darkside....

Ha, yes.

Darkside? Wouldn't be impossible. I've nowt against the ps3 or sony in particular, other than the misinformation and price issues. 'PS3 will break the internet with it's power' is just plain bullshit beyond the marketing norm :)

If the price is right, and there's stuff I want to play, I'll have a ps3. Certainly fancy a go on Drakes, that looks the business.

You're right, there's not really much on the 360 for under 8s or maybe even under 10s. And I'd suggest the Christmas shortage is down to kids wanting them as prezzies and not adults buying them for themselves. As an adult if you wanted one you'd have one by now or you wouldn't be that bothered about waiting until after Christmas. Ratchet and Clank and Highschool Musical Singstar are what I've got mine for Christmas in the way of video games so far, nothing would persuade me to get them a Wii.

Aye, that's fair enough, I don't think I'd have a wii as my only console that's for sure.

Very bold statement and very possibly true.However look beyond that superb Mario Game and what do you get ? Thrillville ? Big Brain Academy ?

Mario is a unbelievably good game but thats just not enough to warrant the frenzy that is going on right now.

Zelda, Warioware, Metroid 3, Lego Star Wars, Resi 4, Paper Mario, Trauma Centre.

Good games on the 360 for all ages are far too numerous to mention

Actually, there's tonnes of good games on the 360 for folks my age, but there's very little for kids. All mine like playing on the 360 is Viva Pinata.

The rest of the time they're on sims 2 pets and Singstar on the ps3, or on Zelda, warioware, mario or Lego star wars on the wii. I know lego star wars is on the 360 too, but they can't waggle the light sabre on that :)

Zelda I will give you but Warioware isnt that great , my kids barely touched it when we bought it at launch and is still gathering dust now.Trauma Center doesnt appeal to my 11 year old daughter or 9 year old son.The wife and I like playing Trauma Center though.I certainly would not let my 11 year old or 9 year old play Resident Evil 4.Paper Mario is okay , nothing special certainly not good enough to justify owning a wii.Metroid 3 is much the same as the other games I have outlined , not something my kids and the kids who come in my shop want.

Now for 360 games

Viva Pinata ( 360 exclusive )

Viva Pinata Party Animals ( 360 exclusive )

Scene It ( 360 exclusive )

Dancing Stage Universe ( 360 exclusive )

Eternal Sonata ( 360 exclusive )

Blue Dragon ( 360 exclusive )

plus all the other games like The Simpsons , Crash Of The Titans , Rayman Raving Rabbids 1 & 2 , Lego Star Wars , Shrek The Third , GHII & GH III ,Spiderman FoF plus for older gamers like myself lots of racers like PGR 4 , Forza 2 , PES , FIFA , Gears , Bioshock , Halo 1,2,3 , Six Vegas etc...

People will pay over the odds for Wii and thats fair enough , but if its a choice between one or the other this christmas , the sensible ones go for 360

Which is more or less what you said ai_droid , as a 2nd console ;)

I got a call late today... "Are you the shop with the wii in the window?"

Err no.

So, somewhere in Ramsey, there is a shop with a wii in the window apparently - let the chaos commence!

Probably just a display box in Gamemasters shop window?, sure fire way to get attention! :lol:

I've been on the look out for a wii locally, because they're going for a fortune on ebay, its an easy £50 to be made! :)

You can have one right now from me for £500

Zelda I will give you but Warioware isnt that great , my kids barely touched it when we bought it at launch and is still gathering dust now.Trauma Center doesnt appeal to my 11 year old daughter or 9 year old son.The wife and I like playing Trauma Center though.I certainly would not let my 11 year old or 9 year old play Resident Evil 4.Paper Mario is okay , nothing special certainly not good enough to justify owning a wii.Metroid 3 is much the same as the other games I have outlined , not something my kids and the kids who come in my shop want.

Yeah the list was really a response to 'theres no games' not 'there's no games for kids'.

Which is more or less what you said ai_droid , as a 2nd console ;)

Or a 1st console to someone who doesn't play very much. It's a different market really, casual gamers and old school ninty fanboys like me who really must play the latest gen of Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Mario Kart...

Or a 1st console to someone who doesn't play very much. It's a different market really, casual gamers and old school ninty fanboys like me who really must play the latest gen of Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Mario Kart...

I am totally with you on the old school games , certainly Mario , Zelda & Mario Kart anyway , never been much of a fan of Metroid TBH.

The Wii has certainly broadened the appeal of gaming and obviously with the rivalry between Sony , Microsoft & Nintendo increasing , Microsoft are looking at ways to broaden their consoles appeal.

They seem to be doing that this christmas with games like Scene It & Dancing Stage Universe exclusively on 360.Plus if you back that up with already established titles like Guitar Hero , Rayman Raving Rabbids , Viva Pinata , Crash and more it seems if I was looking at buying a next generation console I woudl be leaning towards the 360.

The 360 has added value as well because currently it can play dvd's and cd's whereas I don't think the Wii can.

Just had a local man in the shop and he said he got 20 from across.Selling them for £250 , everyone's at it.Like Ramsea said much better to get a 360 or a PS3 as the games especially on the 360 are much better

You must be getting a few phone calls asking about wii's are you? because i keep hearing your advert on energy saying thats the place to get them.

You must be getting a few phone calls asking about wii's are you? because i keep hearing your advert on energy saying thats the place to get them.

Just one or two ;)

Could have really made a killing on wii's , we had had 12 this week for which we charge the rrp of £179.99 whereas I could have just sat on them for a couple of weeks and put them on eBay for around £300+

Took a look at Game's website earlier on and they will only sell you bundles in the region of £350

http://www.game.co.uk/Wii/Hardware/HardwareBundle/

Funny that the bundles around £240 have sold out.Certainly instore Game regional management will be telling instore management to sell bundles or not sell Wii's at all ( although head office would never admit that )

Funny that the bundles around £240 have sold out.Certainly instore Game regional management will be telling instore management to sell bundles or not sell Wii's at all ( although head office would never admit that )

Yes. I remember them forcing me to buy games I didn't want with my 360.

Still, I have never shopped there since (nearly 2 years now) and never will again. I urge everyone to do the same

Makes sense for something in demand. You do have to make money.

Makes sense for something in demand. You do have to make money.

So its okay for Game to force you into buying games that you dont really want yet when I charge £5 more for a game you throw a hissy fit.Or when I sell a game at a loss , you say its better to get from HMV

The lad says he's making a loss on every copy you buy, so you're actually helping him out buying it from HMV, eh?

When you pointed out that HMV were selling it at £37.95 I lowered our price to £36.99

So its okay for Game to force you into buying games that you dont really want yet when I charge £5 more for a game you throw a hissy fit.Or when I sell a game at a loss , you say its better to get from HMV

For someone running a shop, you've got a pretty bad grasp of basic economics.

I didn't throw a hissy fit when you charged £5 more for a game, I just bought it from somewhere else, cheaper. If I needed a wii that I can't buy from somewhere else, and you had one for a few quid more, I'd pay.

The key point is, I won't buy it from you when I can get it cheaper elsewhere.

When you pointed out that HMV were selling it at £37.95 I lowered our price to £36.99

Am I wrong? If you're selling at a loss, it's actually better for you if I don't buy, right? You lose less.

KOS: Wondered what the fuss was, saw the riot in there this lunchtime. I got two games there yesterday from me nippers and the queue was nuts too.

Archived