Wii

Gladys

So its okay for Game to force you into buying games that you dont really want yet when I charge £5 more for a game you throw a hissy fit.Or when I sell a game at a loss , you say its better to get from HMV

For someone running a shop, you've got a pretty bad grasp of basic economics.

I didn't throw a hissy fit when you charged £5 more for a game, I just bought it from somewhere else, cheaper. If I needed a wii that I can't buy from somewhere else, and you had one for a few quid more, I'd pay.

The key point is, I won't buy it from you when I can get it cheaper elsewhere.

When you pointed out that HMV were selling it at £37.95 I lowered our price to £36.99

Am I wrong? If you're selling at a loss, it's actually better for you if I don't buy, right? You lose less.

KOS: Wondered what the fuss was, saw the riot in there this lunchtime. I got two games there yesterday from me nippers and the queue was nuts too.

Nice try ;)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice try? I'm just responding to you!

They had wiis in Game at lunch time, but also a huuuuge queue. I think it was around £250 with wii sports, mario galaxy, and something else i've never heard of. Would have got one myself if the queue wasn't so big.

All gone now, collegue just phoned em.

Well, I have managed to secure one on eBay after trying on a number of lots. Not cheap though, about £100 over the odds, but I should have bought one sooner. I know what will happen now though, the Wii II will be announced in the Spring and our Wii will be the obsolete model!!!!

Jeez, I wish the lad was into designer trainers.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked mine up from Dixons yesterday for £219 with Wii sports and MarioParty 8. Free delivery thrown in as well.

A quick search showed you can't get just Wii consoles for love nor money, but if you're happy to pay a few quid more for a bundle there seem to be plenty available.

Archived