Baby Seals R.i.p

Tango

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Next time you see a child in a pram outside M&S - leave it there.

Reminds me of a true story that happened about 40 years ago

Young mother puts son into pram and gets bus into town. Does some shopping in Strand St and finished by going into Woolies. Leaves baby in pram outside main doors. Leaves Woolies by side door into Howard St and gets bus home. Husband comes home from work and asks "Where's our son?" Look of horror on wife's face followed by husband and wife jumping in car to reclaim son from outside Woolies

Woooow! I'm sorry but I thought it was common sense. I was taught, along with hundreds of other kids, at primary school not to go near young animals as the mother would not be far off. I asked around a few people in the pub if I was being a bit OTT, everyone agreed I'd done the right thing. One person who agreed whole heartedly used to run the seal sanctuary where most of the 'guests' are seal pups that people found 'abandoned' around the Island.

Lucy talks about ' the harsh realities of nature'. Indeed, if the pup gets washed off the rocks and can't get back to its mother then tough - that is the harsh reality of nature. We have no right to interfere. Ever.

So now at least you do know and can tell everyone else so that it becomes common sense. DON'T TOUCH THE SEALS! PLEASE.

......and just for the record. I am not and have never claimed to be an expert on seals. My friend did eat some seal meat in Canada and says it tastes like chicken...... :o

.........to be honest I once shot a seal in the head with a slingshot. I was aiming for the area of water around it just to give it a fright.

Well, a 9mm steel ball bearing to the head at 200mph sure gave it a fright. I still feel bad about it. :blink:

.........to be honest I once shot a seal in the head with a slingshot. I was aiming for the area of water around it just to give it a fright.

Well, a 9mm steel ball bearing to the head at 200mph sure gave it a fright. I still feel bad about it. :blink:

This is surely a more appropriate place to start calling someone "f**kwit" no???

What do I know though eh? Bloody townies :-)

Oooh we could go down to the Calf now and clear up so many questions!

1. Has the pup found it's mother?

2. If not, is it dead?

3. If dead, does it taste of chicken?

4. If it is still alive could Tango hit it in the head with a 9mm ball bearing from 100 metres?

5. Is the whole seal debate a bit dull now?.........hold on, I can answer this one right now. Yes it is.

Don't interfere with wildlife. It's not big and it's not clever.

Please may I now close this debate by saying sorry to the seal in Peel harbour. I was showing off as usual and an innocent sea mammal was hurt. Forgive me Sammy.

Oh dear Breadbin, does your **** always float? That's a sign that you are eating way too much fat. Do try to cut down on the chocolate and cakes and add a bit of fibre into your diet. Also, Monday is always a difficult day and this in turn can effect your digestion. Drink a cup of camomile tea, it should help.

Now then, are you angry with me because I try to protect the seals or because I accidentally shot one in the head when I was 14? I only ask Breadbin because you seem a bit tense?

DON'T HANDLE THE SEALS!!!!!

Archived