Manx Motor Cycle Club

Max Power

This seems to be a great shame after all the years of commitment that the members of this club have given to the TT!

Without knowing the full deatails of how the MMCC came to resign instead of applying for new contract terms, it's hard not to understand the government's position. particularly as this is the second occassion since taking responsibility for the TT that the club have resigned. They can not have this uncertain environment every year because the contract terms do not suit the MMCC.

It is however understandable that the MMCC should want to have some sort of re negotiation clause, they are volunteers after all and they will inevitably not always be able to fill every role required due to retirements etc. They have done an excellent job under very difficult circumstances over the past few years of change, and deserve better treatment by the government of this Island. Particularly as they see fit to return to the ACU, who so many people were glad to see the back of a few years ago.

It seems that there are insufficient lines of communication within the TT organisation and it is time a 'TT Supremo' was appointed to pull the whole thing together. Someone with a strong no nonsense leadership style to bring all the petty squabbling to a close!

I think that is probably the behind the scenes masterplan

Then you need not worry, the last time the government got involved in a masterplan, it had the word 'IRIS' in front of it and we all know how that turned out! It's safe for another few years, by the time they get round to having a consultancy/select committee/Tynwald debate to make it look like they're doing something about it, it'll be July 2009 and by the time they actually get round to having a public questionnaire that asks:

1. Do you like German bikers killing themselves on the Islands roads? Yes or No

2. Do you agree will this statement? Canceling the TT will stop people dying on the roads in TT fortnight. Yes or No

It'll be 2011, after which they will reduce the length of the circuit, surround it in cotton wool, stop anyone with a bike getting on the boat and the fair will cancelled *shock/horror*. In 2012, we'll be asking them to cancel it in favour of bull running.

Thanks for that FLIS, it cheered me up!

But seriously I am sure there are going to be a few problems now as there are going to be so many people getting in on the money making and running the events on commercial lines.

I provide for free at least 4 weeks of my time to help at the TT and Manx Grand Prix each year but there are going to be even more people getting their hands on the TT (read highly paid Civil Servants) and we'll see them all swanning about like locusts or fat cats, I'm not sure which.

As a parallel, I wonder how many people put as much time for free towards the Isle of Man Film Industry?

Worth thinking about isn't it?

I provide for free at least 4 weeks of my time to help at the TT and Manx Grand Prix each year but there are going to be even more people getting their hands on the TT (read highly paid Civil Servants) and we'll see them all swanning about like locusts or fat cats, I'm not sure which.

As a parallel, I wonder how many people put as much time for free towards the Isle of Man Film Industry?

Worth thinking about isn't it?

Are you doing it at gunpoint or something?

Archived