[BBC News] Attempted robbery at post office

Newsbot

the owner had "had it away on his toes " a few times and "never had his collar felt"

He "blagged a security van" in "a right caper" then banked all the "moody money" using a " dodgy brief"

Gor blimey Guvnor, did the Sweeney ever try to get him bang to rights or was he tucking you up?

"a right caper" then banked all the "moody money" using a " dodgy brief"

MEA sprang to mind.............

I love the way they say 'A man'...I must be getting old because to me an 18 year old is still a boy. No really, I feel quite sorry for him. Imagine going into your local post office to try and armed blag, silly little boy. Whats with the Isle of Man and weird weapons? theres been a few flunked robberies of the armed variety - none of them had any class at all, kitchen knives? goodness gracious me - I would fend off someone wielding a kitchen knive and Im well not brave. What a wally, four years for what? some crack pot idea to rob the post office round the corner from your house, foool!

To attempt a robbery with a weapon in broad daylight, seems a rather desperate act, I wonder what the motive was? Could it possibly begin with the letter 'D'? My sympathy to anyone in there at the time, must have been frightening for them. To have some little punk waving a knife, kitchen or otherwise is hardly conducive to a pleasant shopping experience.

Apparently the Postmaster twatted him with a broom 'Aikido style' and chased him out of the shop!

Not a very clever thing for the lad to do ! I can only assume, for some reason unknown he actually wants to go back to jail? very sad for all concerned .

Apparently the Postmaster twatted him with a broom 'Aikido style' and chased him out of the shop!

Not a very clever thing for the lad to do ! I can only assume, for some reason unknown he actually wants to go back to jail? very sad for all concerned .

By the time they get round to throwing him in, they might have the new one finished! It's ace in there. Like a holiday camp, you have to be in bed by 9, no going to the dorm of the opposite sex, the food is a bit crap but it's included so you can't really complain, plenty of activities to pass the time and 5-a-side tournaments every Friday!

Go the postmaster! Well done him!

By the time they get round to throwing him in, they might have the new one finished! It's ace in there. Like a holiday camp, you have to be in bed by 9, no going to the dorm of the opposite sex, the food is a bit crap but it's included so you can't really complain, plenty of activities to pass the time and 5-a-side tournaments every Friday!

HOW DO U NO ALL THAT... LOL

HOW DO U NO ALL THAT... LOL

It's who you know, not what you know....I happen to know someone, who knows someone who worked there as a labourer about 12 months ago. Well, that's what the guy in the pub was saying to some bloke next to him last weekend. So it must be true.

Archived