Blue Lights In Ramsey

Grianane

Came across that too, road closed from Albert Rd junction up to May Hill, lot's of police and the usual DoT workers stood around with their hand in their pockets. No idea what was going on, but quite a sight to see with all the blue lights going.

Why would there be the usual DOT at the scene? I recall a sweeper with one man driving it. As I understand it, DOT don't attend accidents unless called for by the police and that's usually only for a sweeper to sweep up oil and glass.

I've seen other DOT men fixing fences on the mountain when crashed cars and bikes have wrecked them, this is done to stop the sheep getting on the road and causing more accidents.

There were a lot of firemen and police on the scene, I can only summize that it must have been those guys and gals your referring to.

Nope, DoT wagon/truck at the Mayhill side of the closure parked next to the police, two workers stood around kicking their heels. I wouldn't have posted it if I hadn't have noticed them......

Ah well they must have called them for some reason.

Nope, DoT wagon/truck at the Mayhill side of the closure parked next to the police, two workers stood around kicking their heels. I wouldn't have posted it if I hadn't have noticed them......

Ah well they must have called them for some reason.

to bring the tea making facillities and seats?

The road was closed so that investigations could be made into the accident. Rather than tying up the police, the DOT were asked to bring some barriers to close the road with.

And on Monday morning there was a possibility of snow/ice. It missed us but got the UK:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/mid/7101586.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7102176.stm

Archived