[BBC News] Festive parking on prom walkway

Newsbot

Christmas shoppers in Douglas are being allowed to park their cars on the Loch Promenade walkway.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7107548.stm

Great, for a whole 5 weeks we can see how far we can get down the prom before some t*sser in a 4x4 who doesn't understand what 5mph is tries to run you down in their quest to get to a parking place near the Post Office end or home with all their precious shopping.

Last year I had some nutter leaning on his car horn and flashing his middle finger at a rapid rate of knots because I as a pedestrian had the audacity to walk on the footpath! Wonder how well the corpy are covered regarding instructing Motor Vehicles to drive down a public footpath along which they still allow neigh encourage the public to use?

I remember the first year they allowed this, there was a big tide and a NE gale

High water was around lunchtime and those not quick enough to shift their motors came back to find them smashed and full of sea

I would guess the owners of the cars were liable for the damage rather than the owners of the prom

Last year I had some nutter leaning on his car horn and flashing his middle finger at a rapid rate of knots because I as a pedestrian had the audacity to walk on the footpath!

Should have dragged him out of his tin tank, beat the seven bells out of him and thrown the remains over the wall.

Last year I had some nutter leaning on his car horn and flashing his middle finger at a rapid rate of knots because I as a pedestrian had the audacity to walk on the footpath!

Should have dragged him out of his tin tank, beat the seven bells out of him and thrown the remains over the wall.

The sea would have been awash with burberry.

A welcome side effect to this is that it may discourage some cyclists from using the prom.

As a cyclist who uses the prom regularly during the week on my way to/from work, I'm curious as to why you think that the closure of the cycle way for a few weeks is a good thing?

I suppose it will make a change in that I'll have to run the gauntlet of idiot drivers and wet tram tracks on the road rather than small dogs on long leads on the prom.... but I still can't quite make the leap to describe this as a good thing ;)

Perhaps whilst your acting the internet toughguy and start trying to drag somone out of their car they beat the seven bells out of you and thrown the remains over the wall.

Great, for a whole 5 weeks we can see how far we can get down the prom before some t*sser in a 4x4 who doesn't understand what 5mph is tries to run you down

Absolutely, because as we all know people driving non 4x4 cars drive perfectly. All the time. So you won't have to worry about them at all right?

:rolleyes:

Archived