Bradda Glen Sale For A Quid?

Wake Up Call

The word on the street is that Bradda Glen has been sold for one pound to the Government. Have the Commisioners of Port Erin acted in the interest of the ratepayers?

Maybe if that were confirmed as true we could debate it?

Do they have streets in Bradda Glen?

Must be worth more than a pound if they do surely?

I think that's just the technical way they transfer property for a nominal sum.

I think the Lord Street bus station site was probably done for £1 too.

Mind you central government has done nothing with that-yet.

A decent bus station with a waiting room would have been an original idea.

And a shuttle-bus service to the airport.

And here was me thinking that for a quid I could buy some prime building real estate on the Island, then I learn it's a gov transfer.

I mean just imagine 3,000 houses (and a few blocks of flats ((sorry apartments))) built on a piece of land over looking Port Erin Bay. I could rich beyond my wildest dreams. Ha Ha Ha

(Old Manx Head gets onto the forum) I remember the day (It was a tuesday) my father took me down town and told me he watched as all the pubs and the houses beside the double bend on the quay got knocked flat for a bus station. Well he didn't weep over them cos he he lived on the South Quay (he'd cry now, as his house is now the car park next to ATS) That'll teach the bugger.

Burying bad news in Port Erin?

It may be coincidental to have this info introduced into the public domain this week, but if you check page 47 of the Courier you will see the notice about a massive site for residential development in the village.

It is the same company who handled the original tender of the Bradda Glen.

The site would join the Ponyfields up with Rushen Churchyard. (Not exactly pleasing to the eye.)

This area was often cited as a potential spot for a sports and recreation centre and some MHK candidates have often used this theme as a bullet in their manifesto in years gone by.

I don't know if this and the transfer of Bradda Glen and this development will be good or bad for the village.

Archived