Jailed Abuser Lived In Douglas

Insomniac

Just checked the Scunthorpe news for my adopted football team and found a report about a child abuser with local cnnections. The crimes were years ago over there but his last address was over here.

A Child rapist who admitted a string of sex attacks on three pre-teenage girls, was yesterday jailed for nine years.

Alan Scholey (63) committed his crimes more than 20 years ago, at addresses in both North Lincolnshire and Grimsby.The attacks did not come to light until 2004. Scholey made some admissions at a previous court appearance. And, on the day set down for trial, he told of the depths of his depravity.

Scholey, whose last address was at Strang, Douglas, Isle of Man, admitted 13 charges of indecent assault, three rapes and two attempted rapes.

Scunthorpe newspaper

A Child rapist who admitted a string of sex attacks on three pre-teenage girls, was yesterday jailed for nine years.

Alan Scholey (63) committed his crimes more than 20 years ago, at addresses in both North Lincolnshire and Grimsby.The attacks did not come to light until 2004. Scholey made some admissions at a previous court appearance. And, on the day set down for trial, he told of the depths of his depravity.

Scholey, whose last address was at Strang, Douglas, Isle of Man, admitted 13 charges of indecent assault, three rapes and two attempted rapes.

Scunthorpe newspaper

The disgraceful aspect to this is someone can admit to three rapes and more attacks against children can be given such a derisory prison sentence. Was it such a crap term because he 'got away with it' for 20 years? Good job he wasn't involved in financial irregularities, he'd have gone down for longer then. :angry:

The disgraceful aspect to this is someone can admit to three rapes and more attacks against children can be given such a derisory prison sentence. Was it such a crap term because he 'got away with it' for 20 years? Good job he wasn't involved in financial irregularities, he'd have gone down for longer then. :angry:

I'm just surprised that "Have you ever fiddled with kiddies" is not a question on the work permit form as he seems to have managed to settle here.

Used to live up the road from Scunny, a place calle Kirton in Lindsey. Scunthorpe was an interesting night out, shnapps bar and then off to Henry`s for a fat bird and a scrap.

I was in the RAF and was stationed in Kirton Lindsey 1960 and again in 1963.Had some good nights in "The First and Last" pub down near the station. :P

Nooo, the F and L was for posh blokes! real men drank in the queens and the george!

:D:D . Well I wern't posh then and I'm not posh now.Been in the Queens and the George too.

Is the F & L still going?

Archived