[BBC News] Governor sought for island jail

Newsbot

What about that Jap from Merry Xmas mister lawrence, seasonal as well, or some of the good old boys from camp x ray now they are running it down, shame to waste all that talent on third world countries, love to see their CV's :rolleyes:

After reading that article earlier today I was somewhat flabbergasted to see that the new jail will cost 42million quid, and will only hold 46 (iirc) more scumbags than the current one.

So nearly a million quid per extra prisoner before you even add in the actual running costs.

I'm guessing they aren't keeping them both running anyway?

So that works out very roughly that each one of us is paying over £500 to house a handful extra of lawbreaking wankers.

It's a shame they can't just cram them in more in vic road and make it so utterly revolting that it does actually for once deter all the regulars from doing stuff that means they'd have to go back. Might actually make a difference then, and in the process save an obscene amount of money that more deserving causes could really benefit from.

After reading that article earlier today I was somewhat flabbergasted to see that the new jail will cost 42million quid, and will only hold 46 (iirc) more scumbags than the current one.

So nearly a million quid per extra prisoner before you even add in the actual running costs.

So that works out very roughly that each one of us is paying over £500 to house a handful extra of lawbreaking wankers.

It's a shame they can't just cram them in more in vic road and make it so utterly revolting that it does actually for once deter all the regulars from doing stuff that means they'd have to go back. Might actually make a difference then, and in the process save an obscene amount of money that more deserving causes could really benefit from.

Extraordinary - who taught a rabid dog how to type?

Now that they have built a new prison they are going to have a consultation on penal reform next year.

Now that is really putting the cart before the horse. They had years to carry out a re-think of the way we deal with crime on the island.

It seems as though they can only think about one thing at once e.g. so busy building the Villa Marina that they didn't book any acts to apear there at the beginning.

So far there's no use for the old one. Perhaps they could keep it and send the second time offenders to it instead of letting them have a second term in the luxury of the hotel d'jurby.

Why the hell we're providing such luxurious facilities for law breakers beats me, this is supposed to be punishment...............

While we're all (or some anyway, lol ; ) howling at the moon

You're the only person mentioning anything of the sort so I'm assuming it's only you doing this.

Or perhaps you're confusing a thread where people are disgruntled about government mis-spending, with a thread that doesn't seem to exist about canine diseases/behaviour.

Either way, I think perhaps you're being a little bit silly. :rolleyes:

Archived