[BBC News] Governor sought for island jail

Newsbot

a thread where people are disgruntled about government mis-spending

Lol,lol..........; ) Sorry, perhaps if you wipe the froth from your Bonio you'll see that your post reads more like a Middle England rant against those that not only fall by the wayside and into a life of crime, but are foolish enough to get caught for it and sent to prison. I wouldn't be surprised if you would willingly put your mother's shovel gift to an alternative use and stove a few malefactor's heads in with it. Just to save society a few quid of course.

a thread where people are disgruntled about government mis-spending

Lol,lol..........; ) Sorry, perhaps if you wipe the froth from your Bonio

To reiterate:

I think perhaps you're being a little bit silly. :rolleyes:

Glad you didn't deny it.

you'll see that your post reads more like a Middle England rant against those that not only fall by the wayside and into a life of crime, but are foolish enough to get caught for it and sent to prison.

No it doesn't. Whilst it might well be considered a rant, it's mainly concerning the financial aspect of the matter, not the underlying reason for it. I know that, oddly enough, because I wrote it.

I wouldn't be surprised if you would willingly put your mother's shovel gift to an alternative use and stove a few malefactor's heads in with it. Just to save society a few quid of course.

I think you're lying. I think you genuinely would be surprised given that it's well known that the idea of such gifts is that said shovel is allegedly in some underprivileged village in Africa, hopefully being used for some good rather than killing people, as its previous incarnation as an assault rifle might have been doing.

Considering that doing so would mean not only trying to establish the exact whereabouts of the shovel in Africa, but then travelling there to retrieve it, or arranging to have it sent back would be quite absurd.

Aside from anything else, even if I did actually do that for some insane reason, using it to stove someone's head in would directly contradict the intention/meaning of the gift in the first place, and I have more respect for my mother than that.

So again, you're really just being a bit of a silly creature aren't you.

Still, at least it's almost amusing rather than offensive for a change, so I shan't try to suggest you shut up. Crack on if it makes you happy. :)

Archived