[BBC News] Inquiry over Clarkson's footpath

Newsbot

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy for you to say in Slovenia. Here in the real world we respect people's legal land ownership and rights to privacy. When Dick Hodge and his PROWL buddies open THEIR high gates and gardens to 'ramblers' I'll maybe have more sympathy for their cause.

Your post says more about you than about the issue.

An enquiry headed by the D.O.T.,I suppose it makes sense ?.

It shouldn't take them long to come up with the ideal solution to suit both parties!.

'Traffic lights Jeremy, traffic lights' that's what we need ! 20ds up from the Kitchen and 20yds down ,just flick the switch when you've finished your cornflakes and the lights turn from red to green .

Youll never be seen , the prowlers dogs get to shit on your land and we get to install another set of traffic lights .

Everyones a winner :D

I'm going to track down each member of PROWL and exercise my right to ramble naked around their garden, nose through their curtains while they're having tea, and crap on their lawns.

Don't forget to take pictures, please...

An enquiry headed by the D.O.T.,I suppose it makes sense ?.

It shouldn't take them long to come up with the ideal solution to suit both parties!.

'Traffic lights Jeremy, traffic lights' that's what we need ! 20ds up from the Kitchen and 20yds down ,just flick the switch when you've finished your cornflakes and the lights turn from red to green .

Youll never be seen , the prowlers dogs get to shit on your land and we get to install another set of traffic lights .

Everyones a winner :D

Overheard in a DOT office: "What a spiffing idea, Bruce! Build a roundabout around Clarksons'."

The BBC piece says it is not a public right of way but a permissive ROW. What does that mean? I am guessing it is permissive (i.e. permitted) by the landowner, being so he could withdraw that permission. But surely any advocate worth his salt could define the term without an expensive inquiry?

At the risk of being labelled a celeb arse licker, I would back JC, for all the reasons I have posted elsewhere (the amount of free, good quality publicity he gives the island) and for the simple fact that he owns the land which does not, from all reports, have a public right of way over it.

Rather than an inquiry, why doesn't Govt honour the time-worn custom of going to consultation?

/That was tongue in cheek BTW./

Archived