[BBC News] Inquiry over Clarkson's footpath

Newsbot

You are not included in the term 'many'and I used the phrase 'non-Manx'.

Ok, so who is included out of the people that have indicated their support for Clarkson. How does that stack up as a percentage? Don't get defensive when you say something without evidence and then someone calls bullshit. I know you said 'Non-Manx', I was pointing out that I *am* Manx. I thought I might as well get the 'real' Manx up front too before some nationalistic prick pipes up.

You 'townies', Manx or otherwise, don't seem to have an understanding of that.

Chip on your shoulder much? You actually believe that the only people that have a valid opinion are Manx, live in the country and don't watch Top Gear? It's people like you that make me ashamed to be Manx at times.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's a "townie"? Am I one because I live in a town? Or am I a "countryie" because I spend more time in the countryside than most people I know. All this pidgeon-holing makes me confused. I was born here, my parents weren't, I'm not into cars, but I watch Top-Gear, and I have mixed feelings about Clarkson's tv persona. Where do I fit in?

On the Manx issue, I was of the understanding that JC's wife is Manx, so he is basically Manx by default.

On the reasons (birds, butterflies, seals, flora, etc.) surely that is even more reason to keep the rambling whingers off!

As for JC himself, he has done more to promote the IOM than anyone in Government and should be made an Honourary MLC, and made Minister of Transport. :)

What's a "townie"? Am I one because I live in a town? Or am I a "countryie" because I spend more time in the countryside than most people I know. All this pidgeon-holing makes me confused. I was born here, my parents weren't, I'm not into cars, but I watch Top-Gear, and I have mixed feelings about Clarkson's tv persona. Where do I fit in?

inside a bread roll to make a hot dog. that's where u fit in.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that many of the vociferous minority of Clarkson fans are....smokers. A stereotypical generalisation . . . . but true.

Maybe best to just let the courts sort it out.

It is significant that our resident lawyer has kept out of this one. Any sensible person would realise that this is a legal matter that can only be sorted out in the courts. Irrespective of manxiness, fawning to celebs. or whatever.

I demand a public enquiry into the waste of public funds employed in holding a public enquiry.

[Manx? Yes.

Petrolhead? No.

Fan of Clarkson? I find his writing amusing, but I don't watch him on TV - except for his excellent programme on the Victoria Cross.

Rambler? Sometimes... if a question is difficult.]

Oh, and I forgot to mention that many of the vociferous minority of Clarkson fans are....smokers. A stereotypical generalisation . . . . but true.

NO WAY - well fuck me thats the argument swayed...he's an idiot turf him out and lets tramp merrily over his land.

I trust that the PROWL legal time has somewhat more relistic lines of attack than being manx, not being a petrol head and being non-smokers.

I would hazaard a guess that the majority of the ramblers let their dogs shit everywhere and shag their own sisters.....well they are from the countryside and thats what you country-folk do isnt it....

It is significant that our resident lawyer has kept out of this one.

This thread perhaps, but if you look at the multiple other threads about this issue, you'll see he has commented.

Not very significant really.

Archived