[BBC News] Inquiry over Clarkson's footpath

Newsbot

Mediation can be a wonderful method of resolving disputes especially as it can remove lawyers from the equation, but I cannot see how it could possibly solve anything in this case.

So say if JC and the body PRoWL come to a mediated agreement, what happens if that agreement does not suit another member of the public or another or another? Potentially this matter has a bearing on 80,000 people. Ok, ok I realise that a huge amount of people simple couldn't care less if they never went near Langness again, including myself, but that is not the point.

And what happens when JC comes to sell his property? Will the mediated agreement suit a potential purchaser. The agreement will not be legally binding. If this was a land matter only between adjacent owners then obviously they are the only ones concerned and they can agree what the hell they like, but when the matter involves a possible public Right of Way then it is hardly for PRoWL or JC to make agreements for the rest of the Island.

A Public Enquiry is a good starting place in this matter.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.ramblers.org.uk/freedom/rightto...acestowalk.html

"Where can I Roam?

With so much new land having been legally opened up for walkers - thanks to the the new right of access granted by the Countryside and Right of Way Act 2000 - it's hard to choose where to go first! To help you, we have made a list of our top sites: so why not pick somewhere near you from the list, and start to explore England and Wales away from the beaten track?"

How long before this starts over here

It should be settled for once and all in public with a crab bap duel at dawn. JC versus a nominated Prowl champion.

First one to initiate a technicolour yawn looses.

Mediation can be a wonderful method of resolving disputes especially as it can remove lawyers from the equation, but I cannot see how it could possibly solve anything in this case.

You may be right, but we don't know what is at the heart of this dispute. If, at the end of the day, it's about personalities then mediation would uncover this and maybe clear up a misunderstanding.

My point is that there is nothing to be lost by trying mediation and everything to be gained.

http://www.ramblers.org.uk/freedom/rightto...acestowalk.html

"Where can I Roam?

With so much new land having been legally opened up for walkers - thanks to the the new right of access granted by the Countryside and Right of Way Act 2000 - it's hard to choose where to go first! To help you, we have made a list of our top sites: so why not pick somewhere near you from the list, and start to explore England and Wales away from the beaten track?"

How long before this starts over here

TYNWALD

QUESTION PAPER

DOUGLAS

11th December 2007

FOR ORAL ANSWER

2. The Hon Member for Onchan (Mr Karran) to ask the Chief Minister –

When will you be introducing legislation to give the Manx people the

right to roam the countryside and coastline?

the b**t*rd has been reading my posts

Archived