Clint Eastwoods Kitchen Nightmares

cheeky boy

Just watching "Pale Rider" on ITV4

Can't help noticing the similarity between "The Outlaw Josey Wales" "High Planes Drifter" etc and the plot of Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsey:

Stranger arrives in town to find everything fucked up and under control of an incompetent megalomaniac

Shows the residents how to cope for themselves and leaves them to it

They make a bollocks of it

He comes back and makes everyone realise that they are shite without him

Sound familiar ?

Kitchen Nightmares is superb and most definitely an untapped source of supreme comedy moments.

Next weeks ep will deliver this classic line (unless it gets cut - was in the preview anyway):-

"you just can't go running around like Shrek in a frock"

The guy's a legend - I love watching him on television (well, apart from the shite US show he's done to cash in on his F Word franchise (he's still ace of course, it's the septic chefs and narrator that suck hoop).

The guy's a legend - I love watching him on television (well, apart from the shite US show he's done to cash in on his F Word franchise (he's still ace of course, it's the septic chefs and narrator that suck hoop).

I'm no prude but the gratuitous use of the words "fuck/fucking" which litter every of his sentences tends to lose their effect and is a turn off for me. Shame because it's a good concept for a TV programme

I'm no prude but the gratuitous use of the words "fuck/fucking" which litter every of his sentences tends to lose their effect and is a turn off for me. Shame because it's a good concept for a TV programme

I know what your fucking saying, no need for bad fucking language. For fucks sake

I reckon it gets used more in one day on the forum than in a whole series of the F Word / Kitchen Nightmares.

So unless you have the likes of Droid, hboy and cheeky boy on ignore, you must find it awfully dificult reading anything on the forum.

:)

I reckon it gets used more in one day on the forum than in a whole series of the F Word / Kitchen Nightmares.

So unless you have the likes of Droid, hboy and cheeky boy on ignore, you must find it awfully dificult reading anything on the forum.

:)

Not really, Albert and Chinahand can be a bit hard going at times though

Word History:

The obscenity fuck is a very old word and has been considered shocking from the first, though it is seen in print much more often now than in the past.

Its first known occurrence, in code because of its unacceptability, is in a poem composed in a mixture of Latin and English sometime before 1500.

The poem, which satirizes the Carmelite friars of Cambridge, England, takes its title, "Flen flyys," from the first words of its opening line, "Flen, flyys, and freris," that is, "fleas, flies, and friars."

The line that contains fuck reads "Non sunt in coeli, quia gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk."

The Latin words "Non sunt in coeli, quia," mean "they [the friars] are not in heaven, since."

The code "gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk" is easily broken by simply substituting the preceding letter in the alphabet, keeping in mind differences in the alphabet and in spelling between then and now: i was then used for both i and j; v was used for both u and v; and vv was used for w.

This yields "fvccant [a fake Latin form] vvivys of heli."

The whole thus reads in translation: "They are not in heaven because they fuck wives of Ely

Just watching "Pale Rider" on ITV4

Can't help noticing the similarity between "The Outlaw Josey Wales" "High Planes Drifter" etc and the plot of Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsey:

Stranger arrives in town to find everything fucked up and under control of an incompetent megalomaniac

Shows the residents how to cope for themselves and leaves them to it

They make a bollocks of it

He comes back and makes everyone realise that they are shite without him

Sound familiar ?

Yes were is Clint or Gordon when we need them?

Archived