Peel Bay Festival

SANDA

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What? are you mental? Douglas is crap, Peel is a beautiful place, the ideal place for a festival. I feel De ja vu talking about this. I would refuse to go if it was moved to crappy Douglas, Douglas cannot organise anything its plain old crap crap crap, they would give it to some fool from the tourist board who would then give it to a contractor who would then mess it up like they did with TT week and thats fairly easy to sort out, pub - bikes - birds - music, not rocket science.

Leave the festival to the man who cares about it - please dont let the government get their hands on it. It started nicely, bit of tweaking and it will be the greatest. It must remain in Peel though, Douglas is rubbish.

Why should the taxpayer underwrite private venture?

Especially to the tune of £ 290,000 ???? All the people here for it are coming anyway. The whole concept of Governmental underwriting is to attract additional visitors to the Island.

I know this, first hand, having been knocked back on the thing. And, given the current criteria required, rightly so, I'd have to say (albeit through gritted teeth !)...

...GOMH*...

please dont let the government get their hands on it.

But if the Government don't get involved, it doesn't look like it will happen.

I think if they want it underwriting, they should be prepared to publish detailed accounts of the last one.

Perhaps some institution or company etc who have done very well out of being here might care to sponsor/support the Festival?

I'm sure they will be eager to do just that *sarcasm mode*

Douglas tried Rock the Rock and it fell through, why not use some of our tax money to encourage us to stay on the island for a gig or two, how much does it cost to go to the UK to attend a music festival of a simular calibre?

I disagree with the Department of Tourism trying to push to have the event in Douglas! Why does everything have to be Douglas? I listened to Tynwald today and it was dissapointing to hear the Chief minister was not even prepared to go back to the negotiation table! :o

I don't think they're pushing for it to be in Douglas. They're just saying they wont underwrite it to the tune of over a quarter of a million of our quids, and they're offering them a cheaper alternative.

Am I right in thinking they needed to be bailed out last year?

Douglas tried Rock the Rock and it fell through, why not use some of our tax money to encourage us to stay on the island for a gig or two, how much does it cost to go to the UK to attend a music festival of a simular calibre?

Rock the rock was always fantasy.

Previous to peel bay, we had acts like Fun Loving Criminals and Robert Plant in the villa. Last year we had Robin Gibb in peel. If that's the best they can do, let them take the financial risk.

I disagree with the Department of Tourism trying to push to have the event in Douglas! Why does everything have to be Douglas? I listened to Tynwald today and it was dissapointing to hear the Chief minister was not even prepared to go back to the negotiation table! :o

Because that's where the punters are.

OH.MY.FUCKING.GOD.

"Rock the Rock"

If you only knew the enjoyment I had last year listening to all the bollocks over that white elephant. And don't even get me started on the "Fantasy Top 10 bands we should bring over".

It was a work of absolute genius. It was the Island's very own "Capricorn One" :) :) :) ...

...GOMH*...

Archived