Peel Bay Festival

SANDA

This year due to clogged up ferries there were more people staying the weekend after senior race day. Why not hold it on the Saturday/Sunday after senior race day? The racings over, and it might be a fitting end to peoples holiday to the TT.

In 2008 there will be TT Races on the Saturday.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This year due to clogged up ferries there were more people staying the weekend after senior race day. Why not hold it on the Saturday/Sunday after senior race day? The racings over, and it might be a fitting end to peoples holiday to the TT.

That's that idea f***** then! :D

There's racing every year on the weekend after Senior race day - the Steam Packet races are held on that weekend on the Billown circuit. The only difference for 2008 is that there are 125 and 250cc 2-stroke TT races on there (dropping the 125/250/400cc Steam Packet races, presumably) - there are no races on the Mountain Circuit on that weekend.

I wouldn't mind, but I dragged Saltire along to the Racket Races last year!! :stupid:

Not sure how the Billown is going to cope with a full TT race, in terms of the increase in competitors (hopefully) and spectators. I am however very happy that the 2-strokes are back this year, shame they didn't think of this for the centenary..

Anyway, this has nowt to do with Peel.. :mellow:

I wouldn't mind, but I dragged Saltire along to the Racket Races last year!! :stupid:

Not sure how the Billown is going to cope with a full TT race, in terms of the increase in competitors (hopefully) and spectators. I am however very happy that the 2-strokes are back this year, shame they didn't think of this for the centenary..

Anyway, this has nowt to do with Peel.. :mellow:

It's not the TT though is it? Alot of visitors may have left (if they could get a ferry), the day after the Friday senior race day, and not bothered with the Steam Packet races.

What you doing posting in the afternoon, do you not have enough to keep you busy? :rolleyes:

the DTL reckon they can't afford to underwrite the PBF, yet the government has thrown over £60 million, yes you read it corectly, over the last few years at the film industry. when you look at the benefit of that to the manx economy it comes in less than what they have spent. these figures were in the financial review of 2 years ago. the arguement when put up against that does not stack up. yet more DTL short sightedness from a department obsessed with filling the villa marina on acccount of the losses it makes each year. they poison everything they touch, Johnathon Irving only wanted a gaurantee of around £300,000, buttons when you think of the long term good. there is no long term beyond the noses of the DTL it would seem.

the DTL reckon they can't afford to underwrite the PBF, yet the government has thrown over £60 million, yes you read it corectly, over the last few years at the film industry. when you look at the benefit of that to the manx economy it comes in less than what they have spent. these figures were in the financial review of 2 years ago. the arguement when put up against that does not stack up. yet more DTL short sightedness from a department obsessed with filling the villa marina on acccount of the losses it makes each year. they poison everything they touch, Johnathon Irving only wanted a gaurantee of around £300,000, buttons when you think of the long term good. there is no long term beyond the noses of the DTL it would seem.

Jonathan was also bringing additional jobs, boosted the GDP for the island and all he was asking for was an underwriting for 2008, for a third of the money he lost this year! How much do we put into advertising the IOM, this festival would have put the IOM sqarely on the map for something other than motor racing!

You are about as dull as Robin Gibb. Have you anything new to say, or are you just going to reiterate the same points over and over.....

You are about as dull as Robin Gibb. Have you anything new to say, or are you just going to reiterate the same points over and over.....

Pot and kettle :weee:

Johnathon Irving only wanted a gaurantee of around £300,000, buttons when you think of the long term good. there is no long term beyond the noses of the DTL it would seem.

What long term good?

Additional jobs, increased GDP, keeping our money at work on the island, providing positive feedback about the IOM and giving the people of the IOM first class acts at a fraction of the cost of going to see them in the UK!

I realise you've got a vested interest in this, but the sooner you stop deluding yourself that last years lineup was first class, the better. Honestly, if it was that popular, and the local people wanted it that much, it wouldn't have lost £750,000 would it. They had their chance to support it and make it a success last year and it was a commercial disaster. You don't pour good money after bad.

Johnathon Irving only wanted a gaurantee of around £300,000, buttons when you think of the long term good. there is no long term beyond the noses of the DTL it would seem.

What long term good?

Additional jobs, increased GDP, keeping our money at work on the island, providing positive feedback about the IOM and giving the people of the IOM first class acts at a fraction of the cost of going to see them in the UK!

First class acts....I would suggest that it will need underwriting by a lot more than that for "first class" acts....this year's event was of marginal interest at best and had a "novelty" factor about it.

No vested interest, apart from the fact I would like to see my tax money being used to promote something I would like. I am not a TT fan and a lot of my tax goes on running it, advertising it etc Where does all our road tax go, pick out the best roads.......

Archived