Peel Bay Festival

SANDA

I had no interest in any of the bands. I wasn't enough of a fan of any of the artists to spend a sober evening in a cold tent watching them.

It wasn't cold and who said anything about sober?! ;)

I'd have to be to get back to Douglas. And what were all the notices on the radio about saying bring warm clothes because it's frickin freezing?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had no interest in any of the bands. I wasn't enough of a fan of any of the artists to spend a sober evening in a cold tent watching them.

It wasn't cold and who said anything about sober?! ;)

I'd have to be to get back to Douglas. And what were all the notices on the radio about saying bring warm clothes because it's frickin freezing?

if peel wants the pbf let the peel commisioners pick up the underwriting for it and let peel rate payers pay for it any takers i dont think so?

The self-proclaimed King of Peel speaks to his people

http://www.streetheritage.com/documents/PB...S-STATEMENT.pdf

My favourite bit is:

"Therefore we would ask anyone who supports the idea of the Island holding a major music festival HERE rather than having to travel off the Island please write to your MHK and MLC"

Something tells me that those planning on attending next year's Reading or Glastonbury festivals aren't going to be persuaded to stay on the Island to listen to Duran Duran, Simply Red, or whatever other mum's choice tat they were hoping to book for 2008.

Edit: I also like the comparison with the Isle of Wight festival, ignoring the fact that it was a cultural landmark of sorts in the 60's and is thus able to trade on that cachet.

Edit: I also like the comparison with the Isle of Wight festival, ignoring the fact that it was a cultural landmark of sorts in the 60's and is thus able to trade on that cachet.

It's also actually a festival, not a series of evening concerts with expensive parking and a few crappy burger vans, expensive 'premium' seating arrangements centred around middle aged acts.

Look, I enjoned some of the acts last year, Madness ruled, but if it lost 750k in the cenenery year, I wouldn't underwrite it, so why should the govt?

the bit i can't really grasp is if he lost 750k? and only wants 'us' the underwrite him 250k?, is he happily expecting to loose 500k?? i wouldn't be so keen to run the event if those were the 'real' sums..

Archived