Cyber Espionage

Dodger

You may as well be selling sweets at the dentists at the moment - and you would be better addressing within the IT community what you are going to do about it - rather than trying to sell us something we currently know we don't want.

No, you've misunderstood completely, which is a common theme here. I'm not trying to sell anything, or put trust anywhere. I'm simply pointing out that smaller databases of duplicate information databases in little government departments spread out through the country presents a greater data security risk than a single well secured database. That's all. It's been demonstrated quite well by the current leak with a lowly administrator being able to extract data from the poorly secured system and send it on.

All the other shit is stuff you've made up.

You may as well be selling sweets at the dentists at the moment - and you would be better addressing within the IT community what you are going to do about it - rather than trying to sell us something we currently know we don't want.

No, you've misunderstood completely, which is a common theme here.

Then perhaps it's time you went back and read some of your own posts - on this thread, and the ID and biometric threads.

Happy reading! Meanwhile, I'm off to the pub.

I am not anti government, nor paranoid, there are real threats out there that need to be considered, especially with data storage implications and data collection enforcement by government.

The Manx government could be targeted, how robust are our systems?! Isn't it worth checking and asking these questions rather than sticking our head in the sand and saying it is inevitable......

You weren't questioning anything, you were making a sarcastic dig at the safety of government data to further your own patheticly ill-informed propoganda.

I am constantly amazed at your ability to not see the problems! Who do you think is going to get sued for any misuse of data that has been stolen? Will it be the IT software companies? Will it be the government department?

You never produce a reasoned argument against what is said, you haven't denied the articles or links, you have just labeled them as propaganda....... Is the BBC now a propaganda machine for little old me?!

Advertisement..

Got to love the use of meaningful technical language such as 'cyber assaults', 'vishing' and 'encryption draw' (what the hell is this one?). And since when is phreaking 'a new and emerging breed of increasingly sophisticated threat' :lol:

McAfee's generally shit anyways, I'd rather take 'cyber-security' advice off someone I trust a little bit more..

Advertisement..

Got to love the use of meaningful technical language such as 'cyber assaults', 'vishing' and 'encryption draw' (what the hell is this one?). And since when is phreaking 'a new and emerging breed of increasingly sophisticated threat' :lol:

McAfee's generally shit anyways, I'd rather take 'cyber-security' advice off someone I trust a little bit more..

Who norton? AI Droid? If not leading names in the industry then who? They should have experts who know their stuff and try to combat them, as this is haow they make their money.............

Then we had better not listen to Manx radio..........

If that's what it takes to sleep safe in my bed at night, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

In the mean time I'll continue to believe that pretty much any information store will be liable to abuse (walled garden systems are rarely fully protected from internal abuse), but using online shopping is safer than repeating my personal details down a telephone line or handing over my credit card and entering my PIN into a machine I'm assuming isn't cloning my card details.

I've found the most effective method of minimisng the damage from theft is having kids. That way there's pretty much no cash left for anyone to steal. As for identiity theft, if it means they get up at 3am to soothe the teething baby, then they're welcome to the details.

Archived