360 Gets Divx Next Week

Slim

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
am i right in saying that you no longer need a media centre PC to enable streaming movies etc..

You never did, in fact, I've got media centre and find it a bit crappy. Any upnp server will do, here's a few I've tried:

Windows Media Player 11

Mythtv

Tversity

Orb

Twonkyvision

They all work, but out of all of em, I find twonky to be the simplest, but it costs £20. Most people use windows media 11 I recon.

• 2 weeks later...
Tried it last night and it was good to see it worked without a hitch. Just a shame it took so long for them to give people what they wanted. Any idea when the PS3 gets divx support?

This week!!! I seen a post saying PS3 update tomorrow but that was 18hrs old. Could be today or tomorrow...

So the XBOX will just pickup my external HD automatically if I plug it into it's USB, if that's true that's even better!

Yep, but NTFS doesn't work, so you need it to be formatted FAT32 (and have a 2gb file size limit) or HPFS. Bizzare that an MS console works best with HPFS, but there you go..

So the XBOX will just pickup my external HD automatically if I plug it into it's USB, if that's true that's even better!

Yep, but NTFS doesn't work, so you need it to be formatted FAT32 (and have a 2gb file size limit) or HPFS. Bizzare that an MS console works best with HPFS, but there you go..

It doesn't have to be limited to 2gb, if you use macdrive to make a partiion in the drive it can be as big as you want it, i've now got a 160gb external drive plugged into my 360 and it works a treat :)

Archived