360 Gets Divx Next Week

Slim

Tried it last night and it was good to see it worked without a hitch. Just a shame it took so long for them to give people what they wanted. Any idea when the PS3 gets divx support?

This week!!! I seen a post saying PS3 update tomorrow but that was 18hrs old. Could be today or tomorrow...

thanks dude :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Right a bit peed off :(.

Just got the 360elite and got the updates from live...

YET it wont play my dix'd smallvilles :(.

And not trying to be funny... but how!!! slow is it when looking through the network folders YAWNN!!!

Right a bit peed off :(.

Just got the 360elite and got the updates from live...

YET it wont play my dix'd smallvilles :(.

And not trying to be funny... but how!!! slow is it when looking through the network folders YAWNN!!!

Mostly likely the sound codec, they're a doddle to transcode. Take a look at the file with vlc and post what audio codec they're using.

The speed is mostly your pc, not the 360. I use twonkyvision and it's very fast indeed, even browsing through mp3 folders with thousands of files.

neither of them play!

I will also be chipping the 360! soon heh

Just twigged you said you were playing it through media extender. For some reason divx isn't supported on media extender, you have to share your divx to the 360 using upnp with something like twonky or windows media player 11. Daft I know.

As to chipping the 360, get ready to be banned off live!

ahh but slim that's where ya wrong :D

A switchable chip :D

So you can switch the chip on and off mwhahahaha! therefore undetecable like the original xbox chips :).

Oh is that new? I was only aware of the dvd bios hacks, which couldn't be switched.

yup its very new :) Globe 360 it is called, you install it onto the DVD drive :).

you switch it on and off by the length of time u hold the power button! its a nice little chip, I ordered 2, one for me and one for a mate.

Still just a dvd firmware bios writer tho, can't be arsed really. Those things are a bitch to keep up to date.

Archived