Us Says It Has Right To Kidnap British Citizens

Amadeus

US says it has right to kidnap British citizens

AMERICA has told Britain that it can “kidnap” British citizens if they are wanted for crimes in the United States.

A senior lawyer for the American government has told the Court of Appeal in London that kidnapping foreign citizens is permissible under American law because the US Supreme Court has sanctioned it.

The admission will alarm the British business community after the case of the so-called NatWest Three, bankers who were extradited to America on fraud charges. More than a dozen other British executives, including senior managers at British Airways and BAE Systems, are under investigation by the US authorities and could face criminal charges in America.

Until now it was commonly assumed that US law permitted kidnapping only in the “extraordinary rendition” of terrorist suspects.

The American government has for the first time made it clear in a British court that the law applies to anyone, British or otherwise, suspected of a crime by Washington.

Legal experts confirmed this weekend that America viewed extradition as just one way of getting foreign suspects back to face trial. Rendition, or kidnapping, dates back to 19th-century bounty hunting and Washington believes it is still legitimate.

Erm..can someone remind me please - which side are the bad guys?

I'd like to see them kidnap Manx citizens, can you imagine the furore at Ronaldsway;

Can you take your shoes off please sir?

No, I'm with the CIA.

I don't care if you're with the DOT , take your bloody shoes off, Yessir.

You don't under stand my friend, this is a matter of national importance.

You mean Tony Brown ordered his removal?

It's to do with the 'war on terror' and 9/11.

I went to a 7/11 once, it was closed.

You are posing a threat to the safety of the US of A my friend.

Put that gun down and empty your pockets of anything we can use at home.

All I want to do is kidnap this British citizen and take him to an unnamed destination for torture.

Ahhh, he's a British citizen, why didn't you say so, bloody comeover, crack on my lovely.

I'd like to see them kidnap Manx citizens, can you imagine the furore at Ronaldsway;

Can you take your shoes off please sir?

No, I'm with the CIA.

I don't care if you're with the DOT , take your bloody shoes off, Yessir.

You don't under stand my friend, this is a matter of national importance.

You mean Tony Brown ordered his removal?

It's to do with the 'war on terror' and 9/11.

I went to a 7/11 once, it was closed.

You are posing a threat to the safety of the US of A my friend.

Put that gun down and empty your pockets of anything we can use at home.

All I want to do is kidnap this British citizen and take him to an unnamed destination for torture.

Ahhh, he's a British citizen, why didn't you say so, bloody comeover, crack on my lovely.

:lol:

A senior lawyer for the American government has told the Court of Appeal in London that kidnapping foreign citizens is permissible under American law because the US Supreme Court has sanctioned it.

But don't they commit an offence IN the UK by the act of kidnapping someone IN the UK in the first place? Except - we can't extradite them because it's a one-way-system.

America. They might be a bit mental and evil and stuff, but they speak English, which means we can watch their TV and films. That's why they're the good guys.

Exactly, and they provided us with the cheeseburger (yes I know it came from Hamberg or somewhere like that...shut it) Burger King invented the Cheeseburger and they are God's among men.

All hail the XL Bacon Double :lol:

Can we kidnap GWB and have him tried for crimes against humanity the English language?

But he doesn't speak English - it's American. You know, Aluminum, Raute, etc....

To be fair, they're only describing what is permissible under US law: whether or not they would actually carry out such a kidnapping on British soil is another matter. On the hope/assumption that such a person would ultimately be brought to trial and it came out how they had been brought into custody it would create a bigger diplomatic tension between the UK and US than the name of a teddy bear caused between the UK and Sudan.

In any case, such an act would certainly be illegal under UK law, and the US has now ratified the extradition treaty which enabled the NatWest Three to be tried 'stateside'.

Archived