Ben Been Damaged?

Mission

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picture if you will the (fictional, but not altogether unbelievable) scene. The Ben, on it's way into Heysham temporarily runs aground. Not the fault of the SPC, it's those damned tides again. A terrible grating sound is heard throughout the vessel - it's the pa announcing delays, not that anyone can understand it. As luck would have it, the tide comes back in and the boat docks and empties the wretched human cargo. Now, at this point it would be highly sensible to have a team of divers go below the Plimsoll line and investigate any adverse effects of the frictional encounter with the seabed but having taken a recent battering courtesy of an online petition the board decide any further delays could reflect badly on them, possibly making imbeciles of every member. An electrical problem makes a useful scapegoat. The boat is loaded, turned around and put to sea, a pretty rough one all things considered. All is nearly well, Douglas port is in sight when suddenly the hull splits apart and the Ben sinks. The following day, islanders flock to the beaches to clamber over the bodies and claim their containerised booty in time for christmas. The blame game begins, and a further casualty is claimed as a local forum's moderater's body is washed up on a Marine Drive cove. A Guilty Conscience? Who can say?

It'd make a great film, lol,lol... ; )

Isnt it funny how this seems to be a monthly if not weekly thing ?

Time for an open market i say, if the ben ever went down with a serious problem what would happen ?

Its like having a lighthouse with no spare bulbs :lol:

as far as i remember the last 'big' breakdown was the central ramp on the vehicle decks. the ben my chree is very reliable, there are scheduled maintenence nights which are usually one saturday night a month, but these are planned to keep the boat going to keep you losers happy, does your car ever break down unexpected, engineering isnt perfect. at the end of the day it is at sea aprroximately 16 hours a day 7 days a week, does your car ever get that much of a grilling? parts do wear out...

Isnt it funny how this seems to be a monthly if not weekly thing ?

Time for an open market i say, if the ben ever went down with a serious problem what would happen ?

Its like having a lighthouse with no spare bulbs :lol:

as far as i remember the last 'big' breakdown was the central ramp on the vehicle decks. the ben my chree is very reliable, there are scheduled maintenence nights which are usually one saturday night a month, but these are planned to keep the boat going to keep you losers happy, does your car ever break down unexpected, engineering isnt perfect. at the end of the day it is at sea aprroximately 16 hours a day 7 days a week, does your car ever get that much of a grilling? parts do wear out...

Many taxis are on the road for at least that number of hours per day - but their owners usually have a reserve car ready to use if something goes wrong. It's a sensible option for a reliable transport service.

Archived